2006 Outback 3.0R 180kw VDC project

so new car , new project m new plans for it , and gathering new info what could be done witt it and choosing what fits me

what i bought
OXMsQ80.jpg

how it looked in my yard next day
oiuFyuUl.jpg

changing inside and some outside bulbs to led's
VVOwFlNl.jpg

2bqsM2Kl.jpg

examples for myself how lift would look with my rims and how bumper cut would look
xKiztQ7.jpg

so normal steps for me do lift at least as much as in that pic, and then maybe cut bumper
kKYYJSo.jpg

car how its sits now, how +5cm would look and then +7cm wheel is in the air
would need bigger tires for better look there.
r793dPS.jpg

checked front arches for rust and how it looks, and put some bitumen spray over there , and then put back that plastic cover back
EhSPSDH.jpg

front grill plasti dipped to black
gd8FK4g.jpg

how it looks in dark with some lights
9EkAKza.jpg

so i did that with my previous 2001 obk when i lift it 5cm and put in rear shorter cv axles fomr older impreza or forester, as they kinda shorter in real. so i thought i cant do it with this as it has that diff shape cv in rear and not teaths anymore for ABS sensor , but it fits in rear bearing still.. so i thought i give it a try ... and it works .. well i did short test drive but ABS didint freaked out or anything. and i put now in rear back 7cm lift and rear axles feels much better now as they shorter . so if anyone thinks they dont fit , they actually do if you did lift without subframe drop that will help you .
9T7TrYC.jpg

and extra light when you open rear hatch allways helps
Hi4XLET.jpg

Anyway how that on car ecu counts that fuel usage... lets say i drive like 120 km and it shows on screen average 11 l on 100km usage... so its good yay yes... ?
So that means if i put 20l fuel and then drove those 120 or 130 km it should still left some fuel because average was 11 or even less... but then fuel ends at 120 or 130 distance. So its not 11 l then average. If i put 20l fuel and it ends after 120 or 130 km thats clearly not 11 average
Must look on that fuel mix i guess...could be wrong... but the why car shows low fuel usage. I mean in city it can show even 17l no prob... as i dont drive slow

W6mA6M3.jpg

Hi lift jack is best mod that i did to car . Just makes life much easier

Why it needs muds? It doesnt unless i would live in forest or middle of fields and my road would rly be mud... why else i mean they heavy and noisy..
GmXX0mW.jpg

So in same day it went to small winters
I just need put larger winters on those 17 rims and its good
b1GtSdD.jpg

my short test .. rear tires doesnt fit inside , front 7cm is too much cv's start to make sounds on full drop.. i put it back to 5cm in front , rear left 7cm , will try to cut bend more in rear and do more tests in days.
good info for myself as well. front wheel in air , rear dont have traction doesnt seem much problem going uphill , still climbs. but if you put those 2 wheels that have traction in holes it just doesnt make anought torque to those wheels. too hard .. but in situations like those still works fine.
just makes me wonder how much better this engine would work with 4.44 ratio gearbox instead of mine 3.27 . it just not made for those slow climbs ... gearbox looks like gets hot pretty fast if im torturing it in one place
T2pLrh5.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting find about the rear cv's. Can the Impreza take more angle than the Outback cv's ? Also didn't know about cv's with 8 balls, on what Impreza were they ?

8 ball one is 2005 obk cv, its ligther too as all axle with both cv's its lighter on newer model . and not sure which one has more angle there , didint measured.
on 2005 obk all cv's looks smaller with thinner walls i would assume then older ones and cv's with more balls.

so from 7cm lift i got back to 5cm again... and rear wheels dont fit into arches and stuff... so now i tried rear subframe drop with oem bolts, so i did 1cm rear subframe drop and then put back in rear7cm lift ... so now its like 8cm lift in rear and still same 5cm in front ... but it looks ok
If4Fkub.jpg

then i looked at that one weird rear link .. that just stick out so much so i thought to make it more like safe if something got cought there like stone or smt...those models have that weird link there that 2001 model didint had .
qdSF2wx.jpg

so now rear is rly high , like rear bumper is 57cm height and rear trunk is 85cm height which is like you dont need to bend to put something in trunk at all . at least me who is 186
and roof rack is 180cm height. i mean thats cool. so high . rear diff is 34cm clearance.
so i didint payed for anything just some bolts spacers i put there.
actually rear subframe drop is like 1.2cm there

Last edited:
removed 1cm from front lift spacer. only now front is like 1.2cm lower then rear. those SH struts in fronts works kinda misterious
NkONSsm.jpg

Yes hello snow...so good was to drive to work this early morning. Roads almost not cleaned.

that trunk door light is just super cool ... but one problem as its on double side stick tape.. its not 3m tape something cheap i guess its sticking off after some time.. as led itself getting hot pretty fast... maybe better tape would hold it
still that light is just grate.. like for camping.. can sit there put table and have some food only open rear trunk and you have all light there that you need
tAAIpXG.jpg

looks kinda funny without roof rack at least for me when i removed it and tested it for day .. it saved me maybe 1l petrol usage less.. so yh its saves some.. not that much tho..
but looks like wheels are maybe too tall or not enough lift..
XoX4Kdb.jpg

with roof rack looks taller same time more like normal i guess.. at least how i see it . its hard to judge from picture as its not same as in real life.. maybe you just getting used to all stuff with time. anyway i put back roof rack.. its like 4 bolts i put it up myself alone...its ok for my height.. smaller person couldnt do it because car is tall allready.. its high..

super custom new phone holder to record car tests and such.. why buy tripod i mean ... we all have shovels
H7U8NTc.jpg

and then some fun and TC test

More test of vdc traction control on snow. No problem at all when 2 oposite wheels loose traction.

Back