2006 Outback 3.0R 180kw VDC project

so new car , new project m new plans for it , and gathering new info what could be done witt it and choosing what fits me

what i bought
OXMsQ80.jpg

how it looked in my yard next day
oiuFyuUl.jpg

changing inside and some outside bulbs to led's
VVOwFlNl.jpg

2bqsM2Kl.jpg

examples for myself how lift would look with my rims and how bumper cut would look
xKiztQ7.jpg

so normal steps for me do lift at least as much as in that pic, and then maybe cut bumper
kKYYJSo.jpg

car how its sits now, how +5cm would look and then +7cm wheel is in the air
would need bigger tires for better look there.
r793dPS.jpg

checked front arches for rust and how it looks, and put some bitumen spray over there , and then put back that plastic cover back
EhSPSDH.jpg

front grill plasti dipped to black
gd8FK4g.jpg

how it looks in dark with some lights
9EkAKza.jpg

2 more new cats. Now better more expencive ones. Should work... yh should because company who sell them never put them in those subaru models. So they not sure... but those much better...though they even shorter
8lv4JW0.jpg

so Nr2 cats... now on .. will see what co2 results i will get tomor... for now it goes fine .. no leaks via testing with hand at least... so well see .. can i drive this car or need do smt else
0kD3b1B.jpg

I mean that weird but its first time after i bought car it drives without any lights on dash and its good on fuel at last. Well at least without lift and roof rack. That will affect it some .

I mean that weird but its first time after i bought car it drives without any lights on dash and its good on fuel at last. Well at least without lift and roof rack. That will affect it some .
Great to hear, Scalman. Good news at last! What a battle getting to this point. With any luck at all, this will be your new normal. Here's hoping!

putting back stuff on car that was before one by one.. for this day its extra lights under grill and wheels spacers 25mm , with oem color cut bumper ... for now connected with lower part.. and for now no lift yet..
vesG8xf.jpg

continue to make it more adventures ready... still no lift , but front bumper is on , skid plate, roof rack. for real all is left is lift. and then some extra stuff that i have n mind as well
1abBlNc.jpg

cmdfUWy.jpg

and first drive tires are super loud and car feels like its lost a lot of power ... omg so diff drive .. from smaller light tires .. when car was just shooting off from stop .. to this when car just gains speed slowly
so much diff .. and i duno do i like it even ... i need lift ffor forest drives sure .. but im not sure i need those tires maybe .. i wont use them for daily driving anyway
i think 2 of those small winter tires weights less then one that mud tire .. so yh pretty large difference on how car lounches from stop
. its not even launches anymore .. just drives off so weird feeling after i got used to those small light tires.. and it supose to have 180kw .. well about that ... kinda doesnt feel

Life is indeed a series of trade offs.........
In this case acceleration versus clearance. If your low range still gives you plenty of take off torque and some low, slow, speed performance it may be worth it when you become accustomed to the difference. Fuel consumption will probably increase though.

yh i got used to that allready on second day driving it ... yes it feels as it needs more pedal power haha but when you get used to it .. it can still jump to 2nd gear and shoot ... it just will use lower gear now . yh wanna do same or similar trip as did before before lift and on small tires.. would like to see what it will show now
tested in in forest some on sand ... VDC works good as before just now its more responsive and i fixed engine problems with valve gaps now engine feels much better
6mro418.jpg

relocated front recovery point to middle .. as i had there hi lift jack point , so just drilled hole there and put that shackle there .. looks kinda cool as its in middle and its kinda hiden, though now as i cut that tube as weell its harder to use hi lift jack in front you need to push that jack all the way to license plate and it got bend some after just one time using .. so maybe ill work on that later to make it easier to use
3TPIPgw.jpg

that VDC kicks in after some wheel spin and car moves forward. there it does same job with TC on or off , doesnt affected at least that test
without VDC it would just spins those 2 wheels and just dig larger wholes there . rear locker sure would help there
klSVaOd.gif

ghohchw.gif

I guess thats why its called champagne gold color as in cloudy day it can look silver but then when sun sets it can look like that
6f8eSFH.jpg

Last edited:
Just i think my fuel consuptions went to stupid levels now in city driving. Those shoulf be purely mud tires for mud tracks forests and sand maybe. Tho they will dig holes very fast. Just those small tires now will look just stupid in this lift... or i could lower lift to 5cm

5cm lift back from 7cm and normal smaller winter tires ... that rear diff just feels so much better now i can feel it .. when i lost those 2cm rear cv axles are not that tense there as where before.
if i will put muds there it will be with this lift. unless i would go subframe drop lift version later. and its even looks normal with those tires there. and started again driving like it was before those muds... its rly jumps now from launch ... just feels more cool
and my gearbox its slowest ratio from all those 5eat autos there. so thats helps maybe on speed but no so much on low revs i guess
uZTUDGM.jpg

when you cut too much and in the end there is nothing much left to add... haha so i cut some more from that cutted bumper even to make it more good looking . added just front part from original lower part of bumper
zUziD4m.jpg

5cm lift now rear cv axles more happy as wheels drops they still not binding inside diff thats why my diff was destroyed inside before with 7cm lift.
Ohh and yh that color because why not? 5.50 eu spray can and next time it can be yellow or green or any other color.
oPigoLI.jpg

ok for ground clearance not ok for tires now scrubbing more then before, or i need to try remove wheels spacers. but could add more problems in front ... those 7cm lift at where clearing front touching , now i touch in front on extreme situations like full wheel lock and accelerating from corner
but its fun
FGi4ecZ.jpg

Back