2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E

scalman

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
2006 3.0R 5EAT Sportshift VDC/VTD LPG
Transmission
5eat Sportshift
its sounds wierd for Mustand to be good AWD car and electric too, but seems like Ford is aiming for good AWD system there for snow too
i didint liked how it looks at first but now with time i kinda get it and i start to like it

in size looks kinda like crosstrek so maybe it could be used similar too for light tracks even. Electric cars can have much better AWD system just because could be separate motors for each axle or even each wheel.
imagine you going to Mustang meeting with all those old models and you show up with this .. haha

This will be nice if it has the perceived reliability of a Nissan electric vehicle, except for the first revision with battery that is not liquid-cooled. American manufacturers already have many electric vehicles, Tesla included, but they still manage to make unreliable cars. Electric vehicles are supposed to be extremely reliable because of much less moving parts. Perhaps if they get rid of unnecessary bells and whistles, they may be able to make a reliable one.

so for reasons they made mach e 1400. and its not silent car for sure, whines so much you cant even hear your tires smoking.
3 engines in front 4 in back. any variations to split power from front to rear. can do anything can be AWD or RWD car
but is there a reason why it cant be silent as road car but powerfull as this ?

but is there a reason why it cant be silent as road car but powerfull as this ?
I haven't encountered a high-speed quiet electric motor yet. I saw quiet setups before but they insulated the motor bay properly. Maybe future cooling designs can mitigate the noise but I think people will like it just like how we like the past's high-revving V10s.

Well tesla s is about 700hp or new rivian they plenty power and no much sound not that whine at least. And Block said he cant feel car because camt heat tires or engine just constant whine so i guess it was hard for him to adapt that fast to new way of feeling car from petrol way.

Well tesla s is about 700hp or new rivian they plenty power and no much sound not that whine at least. And Block said he cant feel car because camt heat tires or engine just constant whine so i guess it was hard for him to adapt that fast to new way of feeling car from petrol way.
It depends on the design of both the car and the motor(s). Some cars only have 1 motor per axle, some have 2. With 2 motors per axle, there isn't that much need for the higher RPM to get the power and torque needed. So if a vehicle has 1 motor each wheel, there is much less RPM needed.

Motor noise comes from the design of the motor itself. The noise of a healthy electric motor primarily comes from the deformation/vibration of the stator. The more vibration, the higher the tendency of the pitch/whine of the motor. Some electric cars use structurally rigid stators like the Nissan Leaf, hence the relatively quiet performance even at load at its top speed of 151 kph and during 0-100 at 6.1 sec. We don't have the official RPM details of Tesla Model S. Some say it tops out at 14,000 RPM. If the Tesla has such RPMs, then they may have used a more structurally-rigid motor/stator coil to make the operation as quiet as possible. As luxury cars, the cabin is also very well-insulated. Some project motors can go up to 22,000 RPM in drag applications (Some say they can go higher). Formula E, with the 200 KW motor tops out at 17,500 RPM at 280 kph.

We don't have that much details on the Mach E, as well, even motor RPM. If it is one of those overdriven 22,000 RPM engines, sometimes even the most rigid motor designs will just whine due to too much wobbling of the stator.

Regarding Ken Blocks complaint of not hearing the tyres, it's Ford's or the tuner's responsibility to insulate the cabin or seal the air gap better between the motor and the atmosphere. They may have left little or no insulation probably because they want the numbers.

I can imagine him requiring to hear the sound of the tyres because he is an exhibitionist. He needs to hear the tyres. I know he does rallycross but it's different from rallying where, during training, one has to be able to handle the vehicle only with visual cues and feel. During my time in OZ, the training was top notch. We even had to wear ear plugs/muffs so we wouldn't have to hear the engine. Not sure how the training is there now but many of people I knew were able to go to higher levels internationally. I was too young that time then love happened. :shrug:

Back