2006 Outback 3.0R 180kw VDC project

so new car , new project m new plans for it , and gathering new info what could be done witt it and choosing what fits me

what i bought
OXMsQ80.jpg

how it looked in my yard next day
oiuFyuUl.jpg

changing inside and some outside bulbs to led's
VVOwFlNl.jpg

2bqsM2Kl.jpg

examples for myself how lift would look with my rims and how bumper cut would look
xKiztQ7.jpg

so normal steps for me do lift at least as much as in that pic, and then maybe cut bumper
kKYYJSo.jpg

car how its sits now, how +5cm would look and then +7cm wheel is in the air
would need bigger tires for better look there.
r793dPS.jpg

checked front arches for rust and how it looks, and put some bitumen spray over there , and then put back that plastic cover back
EhSPSDH.jpg

front grill plasti dipped to black
gd8FK4g.jpg

how it looks in dark with some lights
9EkAKza.jpg

https://cordiant.eu/
they russian made some cheap ones, but people in russian and here use them a lot because price i guess. those are more like extreme tires then mud from how they made, i got them pretty cheap so i went for it. duno never had mud tires, wanted to try and see , local subaru guys used them allready and said they pretty good on off road. yh they pretty agressive. but maybe thats why i cut bumper , to test car more then i did before.
they where rubbing in front driver side but thats after my last accident when i bent that strut, maybe i bent there control arm too there some , because passenger side is about fine. so will figure that out with time, maybe change control arm and see then . for now its just rubbing some with full lock on left, on right its not rubbing seems like. and for sure then in rear it will be touching i think on those diagonals but thats need to be tested more too.
those old muds i had where pretty used and some smaller compare to new ones, so i get it , but its good i will now deal with this and try to solve it how its possible. they sure are larger then those mine previous large winter tires, by size they should be about same but these new might be just some larger after all
and those are same size tires 235/75r15 just ones are new other used a lot, so there can be so much diff between new and used tire
VMuHirJ.jpg

but its good , so i went like extreme now , i will see how that will go now.

and now with those tires that lift doesnt look that large does it ? even though its 7cm lift there. without any subframe drop just pure lift there.

they where touching there in rear right away , so i did some more cut there , just cut some plastic and its fine , did some cut in front too and more banging with hammer there
ccbjhcL.jpg

and right away you can feel that car is higher, i can feel it getting into car and off it , and other people when got into car said , its changed ... so you can feel that height right away there...

Last edited:
so rear was not enough cut so cut it even more and more inside on those plastic
58350RV.jpg

in front changed control arm to old oem and put some small spacers there as well, and my ohh my wheel just stood there like in center and now have plenty of space even when wheel is turned , so that was best news.
ihKZ3Ag.jpg

KmR1WY5.jpg

small teaser what i wanted to do on my roof rack
lICl4kL.jpg

i know we have those leads for 1 led light, and we have remote controls for remote light but thats remote is like for 1 led bar or 1 led light, so but what about 3,4 led lights on car to control as you want from remote control. do we have those exist. ?
i know they sell remote control for led bar but its for 1 light only, what abut if i want to control 3,4 lights from remote control then ? anyone here knows those stuff better ? i know they make those like 4 channel remote for house stuff, but what about remote to control like 3,4 led lights on car ?? or does that remote for house culd be used on car ? they have there 12v control stuff. so in theory ...

You could do it with a raspberry pi or Arduino
instead of using a touchscreen for the interface on the pi, connect via wireless from your phone and use a web interface to turn things on and off :)
I don't know much about the Arduino, or what sort of wireless/bluetooth support they have.

it would be enough to trip the lights' relays.

Install wiring as normal with relays, use this instead of normal physical switch.

Good point that makes sense :)

rear wheels still doesnt fit proper into arches on diagonals, so more cutting there needed. its not that bad now but protector touches plastic still.
bBxAmdO.jpg

dIKXjJl.jpg

Looks good though. :)

Scraping windows again
Full summer tires, good i dont need to drive far to work. Saw they put salt on road this morning . This weather, so all spring we will be using heating at homes and paying for it. Just great.
D383bqC.jpg

from big wheels back to small again. they much more quite being winter tires, much better on fuel and car pulls much better it feels like you added some power to engine just to change tires. looks kinda funny with this lift and those tires , as for now i drive just in city this will do better .
1Ox0REM.jpg

PaQ6WsH.jpg
Getting back to no lift front vs 7cm lift rear.
Still that front cut bumper gives it diff look then oem

and no lift ... no prob. as all no lift cars.
kFojuyX.jpg

it doesnt drive any different rly so lift doesnt bring anything bad to it rly. but its need to go stock now for MOT
still steering rack is leaking like crazy and then needed new catalyst for that euro 5 exhaust proper test
now when i go out of car it feels wierd as it feels too low i need to point my feet in diff way then before. its just low car now lol.

But no lift done in half day on street its better still and i liked how it looks. Just hars to got off from car as car is now too low . Lol

Every time i go from car is like really! its so low... haha it doesnt match my step from car. Tho i had 323f mazda before

thats a lot droping down rly. feels like lowrider now compare to where it was, its like 10cm difference now so its alot. when i try sit in car i feel like im falling down lol
nYHE0Bh.jpg

funny thing how people say ohh lift changes steering and car stability, i kinda dont feel nothing changed now that i removed lift there. so not sure what so big deal about it really. higher side tires vs low tires makes much more difference in how car feels on road , not lift itself.

Back