Cam's '09 SH XTP

Started a thread on ozfoz but thought I'd pop in here whilst I have a look around for mod ideas. Went down to yeagarup for easter and out to wilbinga today and it has sparked up my interest in beach and dune driving (was boring in my old 4wd as it was too easy) now it's a challenge so looking at probably an easy 1" lift and 235/65/17's

Started off in my ownership at the start of the year with 108,000km and a fresh timing belt service, now has the following mods;

Norm Butler custom exhaust
3 port boost controller
Tuned at all star garage (~140kw atw and ~350nm)
19mm Rear sway bar
Anti lift bushes in the front end
LED globes internal and led park, stop/tail & reverse
Tint
Basic sound deadener
STI front lip
Apple airplay

Have a few intake parts, liberty front calipers and hopefully a vf46 on the way

Have also snapped up the last lot of TJM's nudge bars to mount my spotties to

Bit of a photo dump too :cool:

foz2_zpsqtoqudil.jpg

swayfoz_zpswidrfhb5.jpg

03b4b641-a9db-44a5-82e9-8dd746f4d111_zpseerpdrey.jpg

3091b19e-2f87-46d2-8818-5bc7b05d880b_zpsszo7mvgh.jpg

interiorled8_zpsxn6uhqil.jpg

img_0793_zpsrkicloyf.jpg

img_0792_zps68znmdhy.jpg

stockvssti_zpsfbxjjwlr.jpg

12802949_10153291456456644_7429557488352717561_n_zpsgywzmcdb.jpg

airplay1_zpsxzlnaqfu.jpg

airplay2_zpsinfndk6c.jpg

IMG_1160_zpsecpuqagl.jpg

IMG_1168_zps7jdkk4mj.jpg

IMG_1163_zps3ql3wpdo.jpg

Welcome aboard!
I'm sure Nachaluva will be happy to help with your lift.

Nice! I'm looking at rsb's at the moment as well. Is that an OEM sti rear sway bar or an after market one?

It's a superpro 19mm 3 point adjustable, I see you're in perth, PM for pricing

G'day BB,
the carrier on the rear is interesting. Is that a special build or you bought it?
Not sure from the photos whether you were airing down for driving on the sand.
Cheers,

I always air down for any offroad situation, for sand I go to 15psi

I had it custom made for me by XLR8 fabrication who did my rock sliders and winch cradle on my old 4wd

(deleted for correctness)

Last edited:
Another weekend, another afternoon on the dunes, went up to wedge this time, haven't been there for years, used to be a mint little camp/party spot but seems pretty quiet these days, old camp site has all but fully grown over

Cool ride and nice mods mate!!

Fitted my nudge bar today, spotties aren't hooked up yet, doesn't look too bad :)

Feel free to repost, thick skin here mate :ebiggrin: can clarify if you want?

ha - no worries.

I originally posted that the superpro swaybars were the same as whiteline.. but I'm not sure that's true.

I don't believe they are, mines 19mm and hollow, whiteline are 20mm solid (but available in adjustable or non adjustable)

Little bit of progress;

- 20l of penrite ATF and cooler purchased, thermal bypass valve on it's way from the states as well as a new trans filter all to be done in the next few weeks
- Kapp catch can rocked up the other week and will be put aside for the vf46 swap
- UHF antenna has arrived so will need to mount that, chose an "on glass" style like the cops have, my uhf is powerful enough that a small 3db antenna won't hinder it's performance
- Picked up a second set of XT rims to use, and a set of second hand HT rubber to get me through to next year (AT's this year, HT's next year)
- Will need to wire up the spotties and attempt a toggle switch for the VDC

The 3db antenna will radiate like a balloon and is hence more suited to hilly country, so your range may be limited. For flatter country a 6/6.5db is better suited as it radiates in a flatter plane.

I'm aware how the different dB antennas radiate, if I didn't have a programable radio I'd probably double think but I don't need super long range so 3db is fine, just really didn't want an antenna in my FOV

Beware the weak oil pickup and pistons this engine has.

Will do, but it's tuned properly too, no e-tunes here

if I didn't have a programmable radio I'd probably double think
I'm looking at doing the same setup with a cheapo CB (GME TX3100DP), what are the issues with a non programmable radio? Only after a short range, sick of the hand held.

Back