Noob Question about tires

BDeanJr86

Forum Member
This is going to sound stupid, but I have a MY03 Forester with no lift (yet), I am not sure what the stock rim size and tire size is? I want to put some General Grabbers on the stock rims or some Yokohama Geolanders? Any help would be appreciated if anyone knows what tires I can get that will fit on my cars stock rims and are just big enough were they wont rub! :biggrin: As usual I have the dumb questions, but thanks for everyones help so far!

Alright, thanks a lot! The General Grabbers may be just state side? I'm not sure? That's the size I asked around for and they are so difficult to find any tires in my size and in an aggressive off-road tire style in my local tire stores. :evil: I'll check out the Yokohama AT-S as well!

Thanks again for the help!

Billy

No worries, the AT-S is an All Terrain Tyre, so you can get more aggressive tyres. I'm not positive they come in the 60 series, as I think TroyXT and Mr Turbo have them in 65 series (which is illegal in NSW Aus, unless they're certified, due to the larger rolling diameter). What kinda of 4WDing are you doing with your Forester?

Regards,

Joel

I noticed that, I checked out the links and that's what it seems the 65 is what i'll have to get! No biggy, as long as they fit under stock suspension! They should! I'd love to do some serious off roading but her in central California, unforunately I cant find much! One really nice mud road and decent amount of unpaved roads (supposedly) I'm yet to find a good place to go! The Yokohama at-s are just like the general grabbers but I did a little bit of review reading and the grabbers. appear to have a better rating so far! Now I have to find a place to buy them or a place that'll make the exchange for me for cheap!

Thanks,

Billy

They'll fit under the suspension no worries. Its only a small change in diameter I believe, however If its over 15mm change in rolling diameter you have to get it certified by an engineer (here anyway). So I'd check with the CA DMV or someone like that to keep your car legal. I can't help with the offroading spots, the only place I've been offroad in CA was in Death Valley, and that was with a tour in an E-Series van.

Regards,

Joel

Thanks a lot man! You've been more than helpful, I really appreciate it! I'll probably call DMV tomorrow and see what they say! No worries on spots! :) Haha

Thanks a lot,

Billy

I'm not positive they come in the 60 series, as I think TroyXT and Mr Turbo have them in 65 series
Yes thats correct. I have them in 215/65/16 (not sure what size TroyXT has)

I know that Down Under here in Australia they are available in both the 60 & 65 series, as I was tossing up between the two, when it came time for my tyres to be replaced & decided to go with the 65's.

Regards
Mr Turbo

AT-S are in fact Geolanders Joel, got a 215/60/16 full spare set...

Dont get a run these days, but are great in anything except mud...

AT-S are in fact Geolanders Joel, got a 215/60/16 full spare set...

Ohh thanks for the correction Paffoh. I thought they were a bit different or something, because I had Geolanders (when I bought the car) but weren't AT-S tyres, not sure what kind of Geolanders they were, but I know I have a G900 in the boot, which came with the car too.

Regards,

Joel

Thanks everyone for all the replies, I finally found a local dealer here that is going to get the General Grabber AT2 for me in the 215/65/16 and he said they'll be around $120 each! They list this size as an available size for the 03 Forry but it is listed as an extreme size! :lol:

Thanks again,

Billy

Back