The Green Scouting Mobile

Long time reader, time to start my build journal!

My 2007 XT Luxury Auto
  • 1" SublieLift OZ Spacers
  • 1" Raised King Springs
  • 215/65/16 BFG KO2 All Terrains
  • SubaXtreme Sump Guard
  • SubaXtreme Bullbar (Customised)
  • SubaXtreme Rear Bar with Spare Wheel & Jerry Can Carriers
  • 2002 JDM STI Bugeye Scoop
  • 2016 WRX STI Intercooler

My 2007 Manual X Forester (Sold):

Currently with:
  • 1" SublieLift OZ Spacers
  • 1" Raised King Springs
  • 215/65/16 Geolander G015 AT/S
  • SubaXtreme Sump Guard
  • SubaXtreme Early SG Bullbar
  • SubaXtreme Rear Bar with Spare Wheel & Jerry Can Carriers

APC_0093.JPG

Last edited:
@El_Freddo Thanks! it's a nice little lookout up the road from place looking over the town in the valley below, it's a great spot to go for Sunrise/Sunset!

It runs cooler now, and fuel economy has been better. I do think the bullbar hoops may have been interfering somewhat with the flow into the stock scoop, but I'm no aerodynamic engineer.

It certainly is a beautiful part of our country and much too long since I last visited!

I see your posts on the Subaru Forester sub-reddit and it's nice to see your car being here now. I think this community will appreciate your build more than the sub-reddits. You wont get karma points, though. 😆

I have recently acquired a nice and rare Subaxtreme Picnic Table for the Forester. It replaces the rear carpet floor with an alloy one that doesn't buckle when the spare tyre is moved out onto the rear bar. It also doubles as a table which is nifty.

Pics or it doesn’t exist!!

I want to see this table setup.

Cheers

Bennie

all amazing but why that muffler hangs so low in rear, whats point of doing high bumpers if muffler is there, why not delete muffler and just do straight pipe there so it would actually let you have that extra angle . or put more flat muffler so its would not get in a way. worked for me .

A deal came up on a XT that ticked all my boxes, so it was time to transfer all the goodies over onto the new Forester, dubbed Ruby the XT.

2007 Subaru Forester XT Luxury
4 Speed Automatic with VTD
SubaXtreme Bullbar
SubaXtreme Rear Bar
1" Spacers
1" Raised King Springs
215/65/16 Geolander G015 AT

ruby-xt-1.jpg

ruby-xt-2.jpg
Gday that looks the tits!!

Pics or it doesn’t exist!!

I want to see this table setup.

Here we go! There's only 3 of these tables that survived the sale of Subaxtreme to NSW, and they've been sitting in the workshop since then. One is now in my Forester, One is in the Subaxtreme Company SG, and the other is in the Subaxtreme Sponsored 'ShowPony'. I believe @LibertyValance also has one in his XT.

IMG_7683.JPG

all amazing but why that muffler hangs so low in rear, whats point of doing high bumpers if muffler is there, why not delete muffler and just do straight pipe there so it would actually let you have that extra angle . or put more flat muffler so its would not get in a way. worked for me .

I haven't got around to getting a new exhaust system put on, I'll be putting a custom 3" system from the turbo back tucked up nice and high.

@Lockheed
Thanks! It goes hard! It'll be featured in the Subaru Dealership magazine this month 'Scoop'

That's very handy. It seems that they had made many accessories and/or parts that are already discontinued.

From memory, those tables were expensive but not stupidly expensive when Subaextreme brought them out. I almost bought one.

With the folding stuff (camp tables etc) that's available now, You could probably cannabilise a table and fab a new top the right size on it on it for well under a couple of hundred.

That gives me an idea...

Here we go! There's only 3 of these tables that survived the sale of Subaxtreme to NSW,

View attachment 3716

So with the fridge there, how does it replace the floor section it’s designed for?

Good idea in theory, pretty cool to have but I think there’s a reason for only four or so of them in existence.

Still a cool and rare piece of subarxtreme history to have!

Cheers

Bennie

So with the fridge there, how does it replace the floor section it’s designed for?

It replaces the main spare wheel cover, which is too the right of the fridge, the fridge sits over the covers for the jack, etc. The main benefit of this is more so strengthening the rear floor after removing the spare wheel. Without the spare there, it sags an awful lot with nothing to support the thin floor piece, and for the price, I can't complain 😉

The new Subaxtreme Bullbar is finally powdercoated, painted and fitted! It's got a nicer more agressive look with the angled hoops now too.

Next on the list is to paint, reseal and polish the headlights

IMG_0132 copy.jpg

Me too! A bit late now but maybe if the bars were paint matched it may look better. BTW why did it need a new bar?

Main reason the hoops are raised is to not obstruct the headlight/parkers on the later models as cars got more organic bodylines compared to the squarer frontends of days past.

Had someone reverse into me back in April, so was replaced by the insurance company

Red and black allways looks great i would leave bars black. Looks great

Time for some matching scrub bars ;)

Cheers

Bennie

Back