Locker

so now its Torq locker and Lock-Right lockers are made for subaru R160 , cool . they look similar but locking some diff i guess

Torq
highlight2.jpg

Lock-Right
rs=w:600,h:600

That looks like a proper lunchbox locker. It even sounds like one. Is the Lock-right one make by Powertrax or is it a Russian version? Cheers.

EDIT: If found that the locker which looks similar to a lock-right on the 2nd photo has been circulating in Russia already. Could they have been using it for quite a while now? The guy there used a Nissan carrier for his R180.

Last edited:
Isn't the Lock-Right for a R180?

Based on translations, the lock-right one is for a Dacia Duster/Nissan X-Trail/one of those tiny Jeeps in the same platform, the carrier is from a D21 Terrano and the diff he used is for an R180. The splines match but he had to modify them to fit some sort of a retainer pin.

The KMZ One-Click, I found out, is an actual locker for the R160 that is already in production. Based on translations, they have been out for quite a while now but I heard it first through @scalman. Some in the site say that it is much more streetable vs most lunchbox or similar ones.

Some in the Drive2 site say that VAL-Racing is also working on their own locker to compete with the KMZ.

Access to such products is the problem. It may be limited to their local market or even to EU only. The EU has plenty of accessories for Foresters but we just do not have proper access to them. It's still good news to our community. Cheers.

they have lock-right and then another version off it called One-Click both made for R160. couple guys will order here those and try . we got price allready and they say its for R160 . must be very small same size as that Torq that those other guys testing on forester.

that info they put in their site lockers for subaru R160 and prices on side. means they really making those
One-Click
xZKhr1RR_3c.jpg

Lock-Right
ZfMYFRgsYH8.jpg

thats One-Click
rgV1V7MB4h4.jpg

OzdZwdAh.jpg

16700 rubles is 233 euros. plus taxes. so they making both them for R160 diffs.
there is no much new videos about one-click but they saying its better working on normal roads not locking on asphalt and such but i dont see any videos of testing someone that. maybe its just hard to find as they in russian language in youtube . but if one-click is very similar to lock-right and they put many videos of lock-right working then it must be ok locker as well. time will tell , or need to find russian guys puting videos of this new locker.

Val-Racing subaru lockers we have allready some guys here using them its more like better LSD locker that works itself. sometimes its lock good sometimes it can no lock in diagonal as its not real locker. so its better then nothing and maybe better then subaru LSD diff.
but VAl-Racing locker kinda costs same that those lock-right and one-click so its no point to pay for some LSD i guess.

One-Click on Renault/Dacia Duster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=106&v=On7J4mKDSbc
Green Duster have locker in rear and traction control works in front. White Duster front and rear lockers. Rest ones are stock.
at one point they showing Duster with rear one-click locker and traction control and they show that rear locker is working and front traction control doing locker imitations, so if locker would work with VDC that would be amazing to try. i wondered would VDC system on subaru would be ok if if would sense that rear locking. so at least Duster with traction control dont have problems to work together with locker
as i understood they said One-Click locks right away if that one wheel stopped completely then it locks it to spin. lock-right have 20 teeths to lock , One-Click lock one time only but it locks right away or not locking. so on asphalt both wheels going so its not locking it locks just when one wheel have lost traction and its not spinning then it locks it .

That looks like a proper lunchbox locker. It even sounds like one. Is the Lock-right one make by Powertrax or is it a Russian version? Cheers.

EDIT: If found that the locker which looks similar to a lock-right on the 2nd photo has been circulating in Russia already. Could they have been using it for quite a while now? The guy there used a Nissan carrier for his R180.
KMZ /VK making lock-right and one-click subaru R160 lockers its in russia
https://vk.com/diffblock

for now its kinda you need to order them at least for us they answered that they available, just its not so easy for us to send them because it will add taxes and we dont know yet how much ....
other way is go there, buy locker and put it there and drive back with it inside car. at least i think it would be ok way

Last edited:
Very nice! Do you know which Subaru R160 diff it fits? I'm learning about this but it seems there are at least 3: 5 bolt; 1 bolt & 1 bolt (old school with male stub axle)

not sure which R160 body. but they say here that like any R160 would fit maybe with some grinding on others, like LSD diff have allready have some grinding done inside so it has some more space there but you need open diff insides for this locker not LSD ones.
so 1 bolt diffs are R160 too ? i thought just 5 bolt ones are.

i got it . in their site they dont tell which is for , but our guys who wanna order them talked about 5 bolt diffs so maybe its for 5 bolt ones then.

found one video Dusters in snow testing lock right and one click lockers , so there its strange things as One Click locking not alltimes when it needed. i guess because One Click locks just when one wheel stops spin, and Lock Right allways locked just it unlocks on asphalt in turns and such, but people say it gives car strange feeling not best way to use it on normal roads.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kU_6L0Fs_g&t=489s"]????????????? ???? ?????????? OneClick ? ?????? ??????? - YouTube[/ame]
so here one click doesnt works all times

Last edited:
guys who got torq locker tested how it sounds that clicking outside car and inside which is kinda important i would say , so in working manner torq would be very similar to lock-right as russians making then both allways locked just unlocking clicking on turns and such.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcbAZOak974&t=198s"]Subaru R160 Autolocker Explained + Ratcheting Sound Tests - YouTube[/ame]
yes you can hear it clearly outside but inside not so much, but sure some on low speeds.

What happens when reversing up hill on dirt? Would you get a locked diff or an unlocked one?

According to the last video, locked.

The lock-right one has an aggressive design. In Drive2, they are claiming that they are much more streetable than other designs.

They are decently priced too, but the access and trade embargos make it hard for most countries to access such, not to mention shipping because of distance.

Any more info on the torq-locker eta? About to redo suspension and it makes sense to do this while I've got it in the air. Unless someone thinks it would mess with being drive-able, particularly on the interstate.

yes lock right looks simple and though. and they say its works on roads where wheels need to be going on diff speeds on turns and such, but they have now better new version of lock-right is one-click, and thats is a lot different its not locked all time as lock-right but its just locks at moments it needed. still waiting for more tests people will do with one-click maybe it will be worthy to try. they still kinda silent about those , and people who have them somehow silent about those so not sure whats going on there why not give more info about those.

Pretty sure I read on a previous post by ADF somewhere that, at the time, they were expecting a late may/early june release. Is the end of july thing looking any more certain?

I've been planning a cross country trip for a while and one of these would be nice at likely many places on the way and definately once i get where I'm going. If end of july is almost certain I'd delay it for that, otherwise though I've been planning for like more than a year and would really hate to put things back and get burned.

ADF is just a distributor like myself. They have nothing to do with the development or production of the locker

Seeing as it's already mid July, I would expect early August to be more likely

How would something like this do going uphill on curvy paved mountain roads? I know its mostly fwd in lots of situations but i think it would make sense to get a decent portion of power to the rear wheels in that situation; since force is the thing that causes lock-up are you looking at something thats going to try to screech the rear tires at every switchback?

Back