climbing rock/alpine

scooby

Forum Member
Myself being a long time climber of various types of terrain. Alpine is my favourite. My personal best is Mt.Rainier,Wa , USA 14,411ft .
MT.Hood is my playground and the cascades..
pic of myself on the summit of Broken top, Or

Any climbers in our ranks ?

Last edited:
I've never had a go, but rock climbing & abseiling is one thing that I have always wanted to try. It would be a great adrenalin rush.

Regards
Mr Turbo

I've done a little indoor climbing and some proper abseiling but that's about it. I did my first alpine trip last year. That was my first time above the tree line. Certainly is different but our alpine areas don't really compare to other parts of the world. Our highest peak on the mainland is only about 7,300' to give you some idea.

our landscape in Perth is as flat as Keira Knightly's chest so only a few times indoors and abseiling up in the Kalbarri gorges. My alpine experience is only hiking not climbing but I've hiked to the summit of Mt Fuji and the base station at Cotopaxi in Ecuador

I used to climb and abseil quite a bit, but haven't done much for a few years. We seem to have taken up kayaking, for which the subie is quite handy.
I am in Northern NSW, although there isn't much locally there are nice climbing areas within a couple of hours drive Girraween NP and Mt Barney area are nice.

our landscape in Perth is as flat as Keira Knightly's chest so only a few times indoors and abseiling up in the Kalbarri gorges.

We still got some all right crags here though. Plenty of quarries, sea cliffs at Margs and Albany, great multi pitch routes at Bluff Knoll and a really great collection of multi pitch climbs at Peak Charles.

Off course, most of those are not in Perth itself but it's not bad.

our landscape in Perth is as flat as Keira Knightly's chest

We still got some all right crags here though. Plenty of quarries, sea cliffs at Margs and Albany, great multi pitch routes at Bluff Knoll and a really great collection of multi pitch climbs at Peak Charles.

^ that and there's nothing wrong with Keira Knightly IMO ;)

Cheers

Bennie

Back