Where are all the contributing members?

ericstell

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
forester xr
Transmission
Eat5 auto trans
Ok folks.so ive been informed there are probaly only about 12 contribuiting members on ors . we need to.step it up to keep the site alive . great people great info most of all great picts . what more can u ask for for 15 bucks us .im with out a job and ive bought 5 stickers and contributied the 15 bucks . i think for how many members there are 12 is a sad donkey number of contributers .

Ratbag

Administrator
Car Year
MY06, MY10
Car Model
Forester SG & SH
Transmission
5MT/DR & 4EAT Sports
Hey, everybody!

I have just renewed my membership for another year.

I repeat the question I asked HERE: Where are all the contributing members?

It just isn't very hard to get US$15 worth of value out of this site!!

If the site is to continue, it needs some money in the till in addition to the huge voluntary contribution of admins and moderators here.

The site software needs upgrading to vBulletin v4.x. This software is not free ...

Most people can easily afford such a small amount - I do realise that this is hard for some, and for them as well as ourselves, those of us who can afford this small amount should reach into our pockets and support the site. Please do so if you can.

Thanks to all. Best regards, RB.

mr turbo

Emeritus Forum Staff and Founders' Friend
Car Year
MY05
Car Model
Forry XT
Transmission
manual
Thanks for the continued contribution & support Ratbag :raz:
It is so very muchly appreciated :yourock:

Regards
Mr Turbo

Ratbag

Administrator
Car Year
MY06, MY10
Car Model
Forester SG & SH
Transmission
5MT/DR & 4EAT Sports
Gidday Insolate & Stumpy

I'll see your Contributing Member upgrade and raised you 2 stickers.
Next!
Big Schtick arriving soon and Membership DONE!!! :monkeydance::discomonkey:
Thanks very much for supporting the site, every bit helps to defray the costs associated with keeping it up and running :) :ebiggrin:.

A very warm :welcome: to the Contributing Members group.

mr turbo

Emeritus Forum Staff and Founders' Friend
Car Year
MY05
Car Model
Forry XT
Transmission
manual
G'day Insolate & :welcome: to ORS.

I'd also like to say thank you to both yourself & STUMPY for becoming Contributing Members :yourock:
Great to see you've ordered some stickers too :woohoo:

Once your stickers arrive you'll have to post a pic or two of them sitting proudly on your rides :raz:

Regards
Mr Turbo

Ratbag

Administrator
Car Year
MY06, MY10
Car Model
Forester SG & SH
Transmission
5MT/DR & 4EAT Sports
Gidday Dxd

:welcome: to the Contributing Members user group.

Thanks for contributing, and buying the stickers also helps to keep the site financially viable - it is very nearly running on empty ATM.

Every bit helps :yourock: :quitar::ebiggrin:

Ratbag

Administrator
Car Year
MY06, MY10
Car Model
Forester SG & SH
Transmission
5MT/DR & 4EAT Sports
Gidday Folks

Well, we have increased from the lonely nine contributing members at the beginning of last year to 21 yesterday. Thanks to BigCat and HFDSubie for joining the ranks.

As I said here, the site needs members to become contributing members in order to stay financially viable. People may also contribute to the site's finances by buying ORS stickers here.

Thanks again to all those who have rallied to the cause. It is not reasonable to expect the site owners to put their hands in their own pockets for the expenses of running the site for our benefit. We also need to upgrade the vBulletin software to the next release for security reasons, among others. This is not free software!

It is almost impossible not to get US$15 p.a. out of this site, and it's one of the friendliest and best run around IME.

All of the Admins, Moderators, etc do their work for nothing here; all voluntary. We are also all contributing members ... :iconwink:.

Ratbag

Administrator
Car Year
MY06, MY10
Car Model
Forester SG & SH
Transmission
5MT/DR & 4EAT Sports
Good on you, GR.

Every bit helps keep the site up and running :biggrin: :cool:.

Jdmwagon

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
Manual
So I just became a contributing member!!!! I've been in the forester scene for a long time but just expanded my forester love into the offroad world, I've gotten a lot of helpful information from this forum either from members themselves or from reading post's

So why not help this great forum and bunch of guys by becoming a contributing member!!!

I know all our situations are different but the way I see it (personally) is that you could easily spend $15 in drive through getting lunch so this forum is great value!!!!! And we'll worth it

Ratbag

Administrator
Car Year
MY06, MY10
Car Model
Forester SG & SH
Transmission
5MT/DR & 4EAT Sports
Thanks, Josh.

I made the same decision for the same reasons in early 2012. Discovered this forum around the end of December 2011. Joined on the first or second of January 2012. Became a contributing member about two weeks later.

I also figured that I had already got my money's worth by then - let alone since ... :iconwink: :biggrin:.

Jdmwagon

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
Manual
No problems

That's exactly right I've definitely got my money's worth already

Ratbag

Administrator
Car Year
MY06, MY10
Car Model
Forester SG & SH
Transmission
5MT/DR & 4EAT Sports
Become a contributing member ...

Well, I've just freshened up my own contributing membership.

I am continuously amazed by how few of the regulars here do contribute to the web site upkeep in this way ... :( :cry:.

Barry said it all here, way back in 2009:

https://www.offroadsubarus.com/showthread.php?t=1718

I note that Barry is still a contributing member, even though he is not very active here these days ...

Come on folks, is US$15 really going to break any of you?
But I do know that I would be the poorer if this site were to fold ... :(

And BTW, just because I'm an Admin here, doesn't mean that I have to meet any of these costs. I don't. Nor do I get a 'free ride' because of all the work I do to help others to keep this forum running smoothly and keep the nasties at bay.

Please, folks - buy the ORS stickers and become an ORS contributing member.

If you can't manage to get US$15 worth out of this site each and every year, I reckon you aren't trying very hard!

That miserable amount can often be saved by just one single suggestion from someone here who knows something that you don't (or I don't ... ). In fact, I have seen many people here save hundreds of dollars from just such information or advice, freely given by other members.

Those in genuine hardship are exempt from this tongue lashing, of course! :) :cool:

jf1sf5

Forum Member
Car Year
'97
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
Manual
I'd love to be a contributing member but have no credit card so don't know how to make the money transfer…without it being twice the amount.