Sway bar links

Ser_Egg

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Subaru Forester SG series 1
Transmission
5Spd Manual
So my whiteline HD swaybar links are coming and i was wondering i have to jack the car up to put them on or will it be fine to do it on thr ground. Also ill do a short tutorial for people as well though its pretty simple

Yeah, you won't need to jack up the car, it'll be easier because you have a lift so there's more clearance under there.

Some times it's easier with the wheel off to get to the sway bar links if they're rusted on and you only have basic tools (i.e a spanner) as you can't always use a rattle gun on them as some of the links have a allen key you need to pass through the spanner to prevent the joint itself from spinning. I'd reccommend soaking the endlinks in RustOff or WD40 overnight to make life easier

Oh yh when you jack car they go on tension and you wont move them. Best is when car on ground. Just how you will fit under car when its on ground, unless its lifted then you can sleeo under it haha.

i have installed them, im still getting wobbles at high speed, feels like the rear for sure even more so than ever since replacing the links, sway bar bushings would be the next logical way to wouldnt it??

When im driving 80+ the car, SOMETIMES, starts shaking/wobbling on the road. Its controllable and i dont feel anything in there wheel only the movement in the rear like you are towing a trailer. It only started happening maybe about a month of ago when i took myself out to the a track and pretty much pushed myself and the car. That day is when it started happening. On the western ringroad or the monash fwy in victoria i dont feel these wobble unless the air is being pushed against the car or it is a very uneven surface of tarmat. Tonights test drive however was going down the calder hwy at 110 with about 20-30k winds, but i was not fighting the wind, the rear felt like a dogs tail.

Did you recently put in a lift? if so any chance something has come loose?

mmm maybe one of the nuts that holds the spacer to the strut is loose?? but the tower tops are real good. Ill give it all a run over the weekend but i did use medium strength thread locker

hmmm could it possibly have been the the nut on the wheel that holds the CV axle in. It was loosey goosey. I well i didnt have to crack the nut thats how loosey goosey it was

Thats not good to drive like that with loose anything. First thing when think somethings wrong check all bolts then bushings then cv axles most vibrations sounds from them

Thats not good to drive like that with loose anything. First thing when think somethings wrong check all bolts then bushings then cv axles most vibrations sounds from them

Sounds like a pretty troubleshoot procedure to me man. Ill keep it in mind cheers :)

Back