SG series 1 CV axles

Ser_Egg

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Subaru Forester SG series 1
Transmission
5Spd Manual
Looking to get some spare CV axles. Would it be better to buy brand new ones or just get some off another series 1 SG and just replaced the boots? Also can i use series 2 CVs?

Depends on how often you're planning on breaking them.
I'm not running 2.5" lift in the front, 3" in the back and haven't broken one yet...
I think you can use SG series II, I'm pretty sure they're the same gearbox & diff wise.

I dont plan on breaking them ever :p Im running a 2inch lift in front and 2.5in the rear but i would like to have spares just in case. I do really dont anything heavy but you never know with the old girl

If you don't do hardcore offroad, or have some sort of a aggressive LSD or locker at the rear (helical, plated, E-locker, ARB, Torqlocker.....) you should be just fine until your Forester dies !

I encourage anyone (in AUS) looking for new CV shafts to purchase from A and F Drive Shafts in NSW.

I have used their shafts on L Series, SF and SG Foresters and they are absolutely great quality and cheaper than any of the auto stores. I forget who now but somebody on the Ausubaru forum put me onto them, best advice ever.

Back