• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

PICTURE POST: your favorite off-road shot!

It was very difficult to pick my favorite shot, but this may be it:

I've never been a fan of the Series II SG because of the low hanging rounded front bumper but I have to say fandizzle - you may have converted me!!! I'm loving the look of your Foz :)

I like your taste in Foresters Fandiz. Offroad bars make the series II look so much better.

These are my favorite shots.
2_zpsj7fp7gzz.jpg

3_zpszwxvt5u3.jpg

Flex%202_zps1oqqmhui.jpg

Dune%201_zps5uhgrydc.jpg

1.1_zpsxn4umpna.jpg

So clean Fan!

is that a custom Aluminium airbox, or something off the shelf?

I agree! The offroad bullbar really makes the SG Series II 100% better!

Cheers guys! It's been a lot of hard work but looks the goods I think. The SG series are my favourite but would have to agree the factory bumpers are very bubbly!

So clean Fan!

is that a custom Aluminium airbox, or something off the shelf?

Yea mate custom airbox fully sealed

Lano dunes from a few weeks ago, bumped the dune on the way up, hence the sand and popped bumper, sti lip gets in the way

An Outback in the outback!

Our first trip in the car a few weeks ago. Did some light off-roading out around Eldee station in far western NSW (~ 25km from the SA border).

30244044816_029d37a83d_b.jpg

The x-drive stuff seems to work really well, we had no problem at all getting up steep rocky tracks as long as there was enough clearance. Did pretty well in sandy creek beds, too. Thought I was going to get stuck a few times but it always pulled through.

30163590452_d852131402_b.jpg

Off-roading is very much limited by the approach angle and clearance once getting into the rougher stuff, though. The only off-road mod so far is a sump guard, which got pretty beat up.

The next upgrades will likely be AT tyres, and a pair of max trax. This is a family car which will spend 99% of its life in the city with the odd outback trip on dirt roads, so I won't go too crazy with the mods. Probably.

Very nice! That's a gen 6? Love seeing late models Subies offroad, the XMode works so well!

What sumpguard did you get? I think SubaXtreme has a plate alloy one for that model instead of the brittle cast alloy.

Yeah, approach & departure angles aren't great on the OB, can be fixed with a bullbar but they're not cheap. A lift kit can also help with that and ground clearance. I do 1" kits for a little extra clearance or 2" steel kits with camber & caster offset & billet alloy subframe spacer kit, keeps good wheel alignment figures & even improves the steering. PM me for more info :)

Yep, it's MY16. I have the newer SubaXtreme sump guard, I'm sure the cast one would have cracked and yep I'm thinking about the bullbar, too. That's a more difficult sell to the financial controller :iconwink:

I didn't realise people were doing lifts on recent Outbacks. It's definitely something I'd consider.

Yeah, the bullbar is a difficult sell lol. Yep, plenty of lifted gen 6 in the US, not many here yet. So far I've only done 1" lifts on them but have the 2" kit ready to go lol

Back