ORS.com #1

Well i am so far behind with this, but life catches up with you sometimes. I will return with some more after i get back from holidays in a few weeks time.

Seeing as my ex picture host has totally stuffed me over i am having to DL all the images. As i do them i will post here, only problem is the sequence will be all over the place but i will try and make them as close as possible.

I am going to put the pics on my own server, geez this has turned into more of a marathon than i thought.

Gidday Tony

Seeing as my ex picture host has totally stuffed me over i am having to DL all the images. As i do them i will post here, only problem is the sequence will be all over the place but i will try and make them as close as possible.

I am going to put the pics on my own server, geez this has turned into more of a marathon than i thought.

If the photos still have the EXIF data intact, you can use a program like FastStone Viewer (freeware) to sort them by the 'date photo taken' tag once you have downloaded them.

If you have any version of Photoshop that has Bridge, either as a stand alone program or as a Photoshop plugin, you can keyword them and sort by keywords.

Hope this helps a bit

Gidday Tony

If the photos still have the EXIF data intact, you can use a program like FastStone Viewer (freeware) to sort them by the 'date photo taken' tag once you have downloaded them.

If you have any version of Photoshop that has Bridge, either as a stand alone program or as a Photoshop plugin, you can keyword them and sort by keywords.

Hope this helps a bit

No exif data on them as i erase them usually before posting, its also too time consuming to go through all of that as a process and time i dont have.

Some of these pics are all thats left of ORS 1 and are on a host site, i lost alot of stuff when i had a HD go bananas a few years ago

^ Bugger.

There is always a risk of HDD failure.

I have 4 complete copies of RAW and JPEG files - one on my main image HDD, 3x on powered external drives, and one on the 2.5" WDC Passport drive that travels in my main camera bag with me at all times. The powered drives are not connected to either the computer or power supply unless actually in use.

I have a copy of all the full size JPEGs on my laptop HDD.

Before I wipe a memory card, I back it up to a DVDR and verify that I can read this burned DVD in another computer. I also run Nero Scandisc on the burned DVD. One flakey sector or file and that one goes in the bin.

This system is nearly as fail-safe as I can make it without going to extraordinary lengths.

I had backed up to disks back then and one of the folder failed to copy and i didnt realize it until i was too late, we live and learn, i lost alot more than pics of cars.

These days i have external HD's and flash drives, inexpensive now unknown back then so you backed up to cd's or internal HD's.

I have 5 HD's on the computer i am on now

Camping in the Otways
Richard is in the background, we had another car turn up at midnight.
14575552655_50d1b9c112_o.jpg

We struggled to find a camp, this was the best there was, on the side of the road.

Put this shot with the above one to cut out the gap, these are all thats left from the Otways trip that i have
14388940977_cda4f5d591_b.jpg

Last edited:
Next up will be the first outing with myself Beigewagon and Snoozer the day after i got my bar and plate on.

We went to Baw Baw and did the very rough very rugged Sunset Track

This track was that bad they closed it quite a few years ago.

There will be 20 odd photos of this run taken with my old 35mm Cameras
14574890462_b0527d351b_o.jpg

Meeting up in Bunyip State Forest in the early hours of the morning it was good to have a chat about what was planned for the day, that turned out to be many hours of hard driving.

4 Brothers rocks are a nice place to meet up and survey the land
14552543046_ec51677c97_o.jpg

14388963180_1b82b65f12_o.jpg

Then its off into the hills with Snoozer leading, the rest is pretty much self explanatory as i did some text on the pics back in the day.

14573872164_5d77d15fda_o.jpg

14574837612_09c697cc7e_o.jpg

14575627295_138079c17f_o.jpg

Great pics, Tony. What an historical treasure trove!

Keep them coming, mate ... :) :ebiggrin: :biggrin: :poke:

Great pics, Tony. What an historical treasure trove!

Keep them coming, mate ... :) :ebiggrin: :biggrin: :poke:

Cheers mate!!

still finding stuff

This was a loan car from Lucas Automotive (a former site sponsor), well he would loan it to me at least. It had a very very very very warm turbo in it :iconwink: the torque steer was phenomenal, you put the boot in an puckered up :lildevil:

14390785428_bb130e1883_o.jpg

Back