New from ACT, Australia

outbackru

Car Year
Car Model
Outback
Transmission
CVT
Hey folks,

Just upgraded from my '05 3.0R Liberty Sedan to a '16 2.0D Outback. (Wanted an upgrade but could not leave the Subaru badge, my lib was amazing on road)
Waiting on the elusive Subaru Ute/Pick-up to come out but wanted to get back into the bush.

Done a few basic bolt-ons mods to the rig but here to learn how to drive the thing. All this new tech and features, still in the process of unlocking its potential.

Looking to take it for a few week road trip in a few months around the East Coast of Aus. If they're any Aussie members, I'd love to learn about the mods you've used for the bush and the cool places to take a car of this nature.

Cheers

Kevin

Administrator
Car Year
MY'03
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
A/T
G'day & Welcome aboard @outbackru

Check out the information already posted in the various technical sections for mods and also the Planned Trips and Trip Reports for ideas upon which to base your travel.

El_Freddo

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
EJ22'd L series
Transmission
Locking FT4wd 5spd Manual, 4.111:1 diff w 1.59:1 low range & front OBX LSD ;)
Welcome to the forum @outbackru! If you’re in the ACT @Dulagarl is a local member in that area now and is well travelled in many places around Australia.

Be warned, he’s a lead foot (reformed?? Probably not) and his H6 forester is quite the beast!

Basic mods: Subi Lift Oz lift kit. Strut lift is a good starting point. Bash plate - a MUST have item! Some form of radio communications and a recovery kit then your personalised camp setup is about all you need.

From there it’s all learning about your vehicle while enjoying it at the same time. This is where the tweaking of your setup/kit comes into play.

Cheers

Bennie