Hot Hot Hot!

Not up here they aint!

Northern vic, it's our 3rd day over 40 this year, which is also basically normal here, average temp for jan last 3 years has been 38c.

It got to 40.9 today; still 38.4

Well...hottest November night on record for Sydney; it was 32C @ 4:30 this morning!

Gotta love Melbourne's weather (we don't have 'climate' here ... ).

37°C day before yesterday. 15° overnight. 23° yesterday, then about 13° last night.

Oh, and raining last night and this morning ...

At last, after only 14 years, we finally have a garage roof and box gutter that doesn't leak!

Hallelujah brothers!

Nice weather i see. Here its cold and car cold as its not heating now inside . Darn. Changed coolant , bleeded air out, now warm air blows just to half car. Other side cold

Perth as usual is opposite. Barely had any days hit 30 all November which is unusual. Still unusually cool hitting Dec

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201129_151305_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201129_151305_com.android.chrome.jpg
    648.3 KB · Views: 2
Yeah, Lefty. We have all come to disbelieve the alarmist BS that even the BoM and CSIRO routinely bombard us with ...

"Hottest November on record" - what garbage! Maybe in the middle of the Nullarbor, where they didn't have a weather station until about 2015 ...

All I can say is that I'm looking forward to what used to be a an annual event up here. Last time we had a halfway proper wet season was 2010, but still nothing like it used to be according to the locals.

All I can say is that I'm looking forward to what used to be a an annual event up here. Last time we had a halfway proper wet season was 2010, but still nothing like it used to be according to the locals.

When I first moved to Townsville in January 1969 we had to wade through at least 30cms (1 foot) of water just to walk to the mess at Lavarack Barracks.
Every afternoon at around 3.30 - 4.00pm the rain would piss down, the normal monsoon type rain. Over the next 33 years that I was there it has slowly but surely faded away to what we have today.
I also remember that if you wanted to drive south for Christmas you had to leave now or be trapped along the highway between flooded creeks for days, or you were stuck in NQ until after February at least.

As a child I was at my Aunt and Uncle's in Mackay on holidays - the water came up to the 13th step! The old Queenslander houses were great for that volume of water; so long as they didn't float away :surprised: I see there are some single story houses in that street now so I hope the drainage has improved!

Happy I am not out at mid-west NSW today - 46C expected! I did mow the house lawn out there once when it was 47C but had very low humidity that time.

We have had 47°+ here in Beaumaris. It was in the years following on from the biggest solar maximum in the last 50+ million years in 2001-2003.

That solar maximum is still washing through our system, nearly 20 years later! Great ball of fire ... literally!

Adelaide is generally extremely hot in summer, but humidity is generally very low, which makes it bearable. I find that even relatively low temperatures (~30°C) combined with any level of humidity is a killer for me. e.g. SE Queensland.

We're just having a fourth big air conditioner installed here for the front section of the house, a 5 kW heat pump reverse cycle. Gets powered up today. Geez modern ones are efficient. This unit uses 1.28 kW to produce 5 kW cooling and 6 kW heating. One of our 20+ y.o. 3.5 kW units uses 1.27 kW to produce 3.5 kW cooling and 4.5 kW heating. Better refrigerants, I guess. All the same brand - Fujitsu.

Adelaide is generally extremely hot in summer, but humidity is generally very low, which makes it bearable.
Every time I've been back to Adelaide (been in Cairns 18 years )I could feel my skin drying out. I couldn't go back there to live.

Back