Hi from New Zealand

Dave Hansford

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Outback
Transmission
4EAT
Hey there folks... we don’t really off-road, more rough-road, but we find our 2008 JDM Outback limited is a great steed for the byways of our beautiful South Island.4E70A7A4-BC64-4B2E-A490-2F0B1BD79AC4.jpeg

ABFoz

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester XS
Transmission
4EAT
Hi there Dave! Welcome to the forum! Beautiful Outback you have there.

Subarus are perfect for the South Island especially if you are off-road touring. When I worked there, everyone is almost just 15 to 30 mins away from a back-country trail leading to a good camping spot!

Dave Hansford

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Outback
Transmission
4EAT
Hi there Dave! Welcome to the forum! Beautiful Outback you have there.

Subarus are perfect for the South Island especially if you are off-road touring. When I worked there, everyone is almost just 15 to 30 mins away from a back-country trail leading to a good camping spot!
Thanks for the welcome, guys. Yup: the Outback is just perfect for those gravel epics - the Molesworth/Rainbow, the Hakataramea Valley, Dansey’s Pass... and as you say, getting that little bit further down the track to score that great campsite.

Dave Hansford

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Outback
Transmission
4EAT
@Dave Hansford G'day & Welcome Dave.

It was driving a rental Liberty / Legacy wagon around the beautiful South Island in winter that convinced me to buy a Subaru back in 1996.
Hi Kevin... we find the Outback very handy in snow. We got 75mm in Tekapo one morning this winter, and were sure to get out and play before the snow ploughs ruined everyone’s fun. Especially enjoyed driving around a cross-axled Everest going nowhere...

Kevin

Administrator
Car Year
MY'03
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
A/T
Those Lakes in your area are absolutely stunning! I just have to add a pic so people can see what I'm on about and, yes, those colours are real:
1580033402759.png

Last edited:

scalman

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
2006 3.0R 5EAT Sportshift VDC/VTD LPG
Transmission
5eat Sportshift
Omg so deep red . I so wanted some like that color again but just couldnt find.
Looks very good man