Hello all😎 Long travel suspension 2016 Crosstrek?

all front lift kit sapcers come with all offsets made in allready. just plug and play. you need to push strut inside from spacer, means push it to engine. thats how you fix camber with lift in front. if thats not enough for some reason there are aftermarket front strut adjustment bolts.

About a week ago I came across the RS-R Best-I Jouge height adjustable coil overs. They can cater for up to a +45mm lift (the site says it can go higher but is not 'optimal' above 45mm). Made for SJ, SK foresters and XV / Crosstrek 2014+. Released only a month or so ago.

I can't remember the rules for linking to YouTube or other vendor websites, otherwise I'd put the link here.
Not sure about how the coilovers' ride will feel but, based on my experience with their lowering springs installed on JDM cars, they engineer the ride quality extremely well vs Tein, which is a bit more performance oriented but still soft. On the JZX101 with the stock shock absorbers, I think the progressive springs handle and ride better than stock which is too soft, giving the driver less control.

They said they improve metallurgy and chemical engineering, as well. They are not too expensive in Japan but the ride on the JDM cars had better balance in handling and ride quality with the RS-R springs. If they are to make updated standard height springs, I bet they will ride as good as the lowering ones.

Setting up the suspension right for the individual all comes down to what you use the car for. The Subiliftoz 2" kit is right for most people. Firmer springs and especially raise springs in standard shocks is only good for people who always carry weight (like if you have a rear tyre carrier always hanging over the back or always like to have the kitchen sink onboard) or if you rally the car. Swapping out the aftermarket springs for your old oem springs and leaving the Subilift kit in will be an improvement when traveling light. If you load up heavy for camp trips, then yes you will get some sag when loaded. Contacting Hotbits or similar for custom long travel coilovers will be even more of an improvement. Buy the springs separately from Eibach and you will have a choice of 16" barrel springs with various rates to optimise the car for you. I'd need detail about the wieght of your car and what you use it for to recommend the right spring, but somewhere in the 175-100lb range. I have 150lb front and 100lb rear as my car is front heavy and I travel light and like soft springs. The Hotbits springs and most coilover supplier springs aren't really suitable for offroad.
I think the rallitek springs are a bit stiffer than I wanted for sure. It's just a Crosstrek limited not sure of the weight . Have to look it up
Not sure about how the coilovers' ride will feel but, based on my experience with their lowering springs installed on JDM cars, they engineer the ride quality extremely well vs Tein, which is a bit more performance oriented but still soft. On the JZX101 with the stock shock absorbers, I think the progressive springs handle and ride better than stock which is too soft, giving the driver less control.

They said they improve metallurgy and chemical engineering, as well. They are not too expensive in Japan but the ride on the JDM cars had better balance in handling and ride quality with the RS-R springs. If they are to make updated standard height springs, I bet they will ride as good as the lowering ones.
Thanks man for all the info, you guys are great. Gotta do some research now 😁

The strut top spacers achieve their camber offset by shifting the top of the shock towards the middle of the car. Lifted coilovers can achieve their camber offset by offsetting the lower mounting holes. Hotbits camber was pretty close for me. No idea about RS-R, but I wold expect camber to be no issue. You can also get aftermarket camber bolts front and rear to fine tune your camber. Caster on the other hand is harder to offset on a coilover, but still possible. The Hotbits do not caster offset, so I actually have very little caster. You can get offset top hats and offset control arm bushings to fix caster, but I personally haven't been bothered enough to get either.

I have no doubt RS-R can make springs that ride nice on road. However you just need to make sure they are barrel springs as once straight springs get longer and softer this happens.
barrel-spring-buckling.jpg
I confirmed this the hard way...

Not sure about RS-R, but most coilover places like springs in the 4+Kg range for onroad handling. For offroad you really want to be closer to 2Kg.

Yea, the subi
The strut top spacers achieve their camber offset by shifting the top of the shock towards the middle of the car. Lifted coilovers can achieve their camber offset by offsetting the lower mounting holes. Hotbits camber was pretty close for me. No idea about RS-R, but I wold expect camber to be no issue. You can also get aftermarket camber bolts front and rear to fine tune your camber. Caster on the other hand is harder to offset on a coilover, but still possible. The Hotbits do not caster offset, so I actually have very little caster. You can get offset top hats and offset control arm bushings to fix caster, but I personally haven't been bothered enough to get either.

I have no doubt RS-R can make springs that ride nice on road. However you just need to make sure they are barrel springs as once straight springs get longer and softer this happens.
View attachment 4028
I confirmed this the hard way...

Not sure about RS-R, but most coilover places like springs in the 4+Kg range for onroad handling. For offroad you really want to be closer to 2Kg.

Yea, the subielift oz lift has the camber offset built in .Just not sure why the rear seems to bang or clunk when unweighted. Thinking it is just at maximum exstention and bottoms out just looking for a little bit more travel than stock. Not doing anything extreme just light offroading.

Are your Rallitek springs raised? If you put raised springs in a standard length shock the spring will over extend the shock and cause a banging.

They look well built, but the shafts seem quite thin. I also doubt that they have more stroke/wheel travel than oem as there is no external canister. Keep us informed as it is always very interesting to see many different products.

Are your Rallitek springs raised? If you put raised springs in a standard length shock the spring will over extend the shock and cause a banging.
Yes that's why I'm looking for better shocks. Mine have 110, 000 on them so I figured might as well get good ones. Just not sure what kind will give me the extra length I need to correct the banging and are made for more offroading than road racing.

Yes that's why I'm looking for better shocks. Mine have 110, 000 on them so I figured might as well get good ones. Just not sure what kind will give me the extra length I need to correct the banging and are made for more offroading than road racing.
Rick Hutton, the YTer, mentioned something about the banging noise after installing 1" Ralliteks on his 2019 XV/Crosstrek.

@Kevin used Tokico inserts on his SG but that was on a MacPherson strut, yours has a Chapman strut and I haven't seen anyone who has done such upgrade on Chapmans.

Yea, gonna replace the old struts with something much better. Just not sure of which ones I wanna go with. Bilstien off road is what I'm leaning towards. But open for suggestions 😁👍

Just looked up my receipt. There 0.25 overload springs. Don't really wanna put the stock ones back on. But also don't wanna pay 1000 + dollars on new struts and springs. Not sure which direction to go?

Your free improvement is to put the oem springs back in. Long travel coilovers are way more of an improvement, but I'd be surprised if you find any options for under or even close to $1000. If you decide to go the coilover route you'd contact Hotbits to see if they will make coilovers for XV and RS-R to see how much stroke they can get out of their coilovers and see if you can find some other places. A lot of places I contacted wouldn't go much longer travel then standard.

so your "long travel" stuff wouldnt be so much "long" after all. i mean you buy car you must know will it be hard or soft on road , how it will handle and such, if you need long travel off roader thats not car that you bought there at all.
But anyway we all free to spend our money as we wish for sure and after pretend that it changed anything.

Sometimes I don't understand you Scalman....You made/make some mods to your Outbacks but you don't seem to understand the mods that other people do to their cars. My Forester wouldn't be as capable offroad without the mods I did to it, and the long travel suspension is a huge improvement as it has no electronic crutch like the newer models.

Your free improvement is to put the oem springs back in. Long travel coilovers are way more of an improvement, but I'd be surprised if you find any options for under or even close to $1000. If you decide to go the coilover route you'd contact Hotbits to see if they will make coilovers for XV and RS-R to see how much stroke they can get out of their coilovers and see if you can find some other places. A lot of places I contacted wouldn't go much longer travel then standard.
Bummer, you'd think they would by now. Tried hotbits but email won't send . Will keep trying though. Thanks man 👍

Back