G'Day SUBIE Owners from Southern Adelaide Hills

7Black

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Outback
Transmission
CVT
G'day every, Darren from Southern Fleurieu Peninsula. First Subie owner, had for about 5 months now & really grown on me. Made several mods already, extra sound proofing, reduced wind noise (I'll explain in a later post), and a set of new tyres, BFGOODRICH Advantage TA Sport which has transformed the feel to a much more enjoyable drive.
Off road begining croped reduced.jpg

scalman

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
2006 3.0R 5EAT Sportshift VDC/VTD LPG
Transmission
5eat Sportshift
I see you man of taking risks and dont follow what sign says there. Good man . I envy that dry and warm climate places when sitting in cold winter here.

7Black

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Outback
Transmission
CVT
I see you man of taking risks and dont follow what sign says there. Good man . I envy that dry and warm climate places when sitting in cold winter here.
Always up for a challenge Scalman. 😆 yes it is dry going into our long dry summer now. Probably won't get much rain till about May, play time!

scalman

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Transmission
5eat Sportshift
how you find those tires ? they good for off roading for what you need there ?

7Black

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Outback
Transmission
CVT
They're terrific on gravel roads and sand as well being grippier on the bitumen than the Bridgestones. They can be felt grabbing the gravel/dirt. Example, going through a corner I can change direction without unsettling the car, where as the factory tyres I couldn't do that, it would squirm uncomfortably. The video is running road pressures too, lower would provide further bite. Some tyres suit a cars characteristcs where as most don't, I believe these are ideal for a mixture of terrains all while providing more feel.

scalman

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Transmission
5eat Sportshift
interesting. but they wouldnt perform of like wet mud sand or snow ? , review saying they ok on snow too. i wonder how good

7Black

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Outback
Transmission
CVT
interesting. but they wouldnt perform of like wet mud sand or snow ? , review saying they ok on snow too. i wonder how good
Snow, don't get any where I am, seen many favourable reviews in the snow, mud, in time I'll let you know, sand very good. Look at this link so far.....https://youtu.be/-934YTYtjDA