Effort to get Aussie Locker produced; need info

Shame you have lost hope for the front locker... Any pointers for WA's two R180 rear locker Subi owners to carry on where you left off? Hacking up a front LSD? Modifying an existing locker to fit the r170? Retro fitting another diff?

It’s not up to me, and Dave told me he has moved on.

When I was trying to sell my car, there were people out there who would post how the car wasn’t worth it, that there were problems, etc, whIch was rubbish. One well known individual in particular would make unfounded comments based only on hearsay which really alienated both of us. Even now I know I am the object of ridicule on at least one of the Facebook groups. Dave decided some time ago he wouldn’t do any more diff lockers, and is adamant that his IP will remain with him.

It’s not up to me, and Dave told me he has moved on.

When I was trying to sell my car, there were people out there who would post how the car wasn’t worth it, that there were problems, etc, whIch was rubbish. One well known individual in particular would make unfounded comments based only on hearsay which really alienated both of us. Even now I know I am the object of ridicule on at least one of the Facebook groups. Dave decided some time ago he wouldn’t do any more diff lockers, and is adamant that his IP will remain with him.
Faecesbook is even worse than DPReview when it comes to this kind of behaviour, mate. Cesspits both.

I found out just how bad it can be when I did some legal research for my brother. Every time I see Zuckerberg on TV, it brings out bad feelings in me ...

First I’ve heard of this locker development locally Rally. If it’s for the R180 I can see why many would go the R160 route - they already have an R160!
And I believe other mods are required to fit the R180 - different drive shafts and hubs. That would need to be part of the kit in my opinion.

It seems you’re also holding a lot of emotion over this. I know R&D can be a long road, but again, there wasn’t much talk of works going on around the traps from my end. Other issue is Australia is a small market compared to the USA who seem to love buying US made products.

And it’s always a race to get a decent product that ppl want out there.

Cheers

Bennie

Yes, the hubs and shafts definitely need to be part of the package. Using the weak R160 shafts is inviting problems. If the Yanks want to buy American made then so be it. The Australian design is far better.

We know we were first for a Subaru diff, we know our system is best. It’s not everyday a bloke outside an industry is involved in a project to design something that up until then had never been done before, so my chief emotion is pride. No, I didn’t appreciate the negativity and ridicule, Who would. We have both moved on though. I think my biggest regret is telling people in the first place what we had done. Perhaps Dave’s biggest regret was not being in a position to buy the car at the time.

Even now I know I am the object of ridicule on at least one of the Facebook groups
Sometimes, people do that because of envy. Envy not only because of the car but also because you were happy with your car when you had it.

Faecesbook
I call it like that, as well, haha!!! I deleted my account 8 years ago. I got my files 48 hours after that. I have been enjoying a relatively offline social life since then. ORS is my most online social platform and we're even almost anonymous.

Yes. It's a properly toxic place. The overland scene is more and more becoming focused on the gear and not the tour/destination/experience, just like DPReview where everyting is all about the gear and not the photography. I don't have an account there, by the way.

Back