DBA rotors for an SG series 1

Ser_Egg

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Subaru Forester SG series 1
Transmission
5Spd Manual
Alrighty so today i went to go put in my new DBA brakes but turns out i got the wrong ones. I was under the assumption that i needed the DBA 653S for the rear but the calipers dont fit the rotor and the bendix 1379 pads also dont fit the rotor. I am now assuming that these are for a series 2 Forester which started being produced in 05. Mine was one of the last series 1s made in 05. What part numbers do i need and also what are the front rotors and pad numbers

I might just still have my invoice here for DBA slotted rotors - will have a look

Front Right 650SR / Left 650SL
Rear Right 644SR / Left 644SL

Last edited:
Those are the right ones, I literally ordered them last night. Have the most annoying squeal from the rear brakes, took them out two weeks ago and a slide pin was seized so I thought that was it, regreased them all, and changed pads, but squeal is still there, so I think it's either a warped rotor or seized piston at this point. So new rotors all round, and rebuilding the rear calipers... Maybe a good time to find a 4/2pot set and see if they will fit under the 86GT rims :unsure:

Back