Bornholm Beach

RedXS, love that country you have out there! It’s just too far away to have my cake and eat it too though...

Thanks for sharing your pics and stories. Many good times had and scenery seen too by the look of it. Fav pic has to be your Foz with the crashing wave behind it.

Cheers

Bennie

i think we allways love those other countries for stuff that we dont have in our place, at least im allways enjoying those and want to visit there to see it , enjoy it. we have sea here but we cant drive so close to it no way.
then again what you do if you car leaks oil or you brake near sea on that sand and you left all that oil or other nasty things from your car, and there is hundred cars drive there. how its still clean place ?

then again what you do if you car leaks oil or you brake near sea on that sand and you left all that oil or other nasty things from your car, and there is hundred cars drive there. how its still clean place ?

If your car leaks oil the beach sand will stick to it at the site of the leak. If it’s significant, then the car shouldn’t be on the road let alone the beach.

If you get stuck and the ocean claims your vehicle, you could end up with a large clean up bill and a fine for environmental damage.

Here’s an L series that was caught out years ago. The ocean claimed it and many 4wds posed with their front wheel on the roof of the little subi:

1578437882548.jpeg

Image borrowed from explore Oz forum.

Apparently a fella lent his trusty L series to a mate to do some travelling in. Said mate got stuck on the beach in the pic on Fraser Island. The owner was unware about the fate of his car until the authorities were knocking on his door... needless to say, he was a little pissed off!

Also one reason why to go with a group.

Cheers

Bennie

@Red XS , I'm a little late to this post. Great to see some WA Subaru's getting off road.
I'm planning on going down to West Cape Howe in a few weeks to get to the cliffs for some climbing. Just curious what the approach tracks are like? I've heard mixed reviews about their condition.
I've got a stock SJ '18 Forester, no upgrades, except larger AT tyres.
Anything that I need to be aware of before heading into the WCH tracks?

Back