Air box and filter

Kyle

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester XT
Transmission
Auto
Hi. Has anyone had one of these built for there subi before. My airbox is broken and I need to replace it. Figured I would get a good one that would be easy to put a snorkel on. Thanks

See attached20200724_202123.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the window to get a quick visual on the water level?

Stock box is more than adequate performance wise. Depending on which pod filter you go for you could be going backwards in the filtering and performance department.

And if you think the stock box is hard to plumb a snorkel into via its round air inlet, try doing it through an elongated hole. Kind of like a rectangle with a half circle on each end. This is what the L series MPFI and MPFI turbo got. Thanks Mr Fuji, that was fun!

Cheers

Bennie

about water level, could be some valve at bottom for water to release if it gets there any. nice idea for the box , but is that cone air filter is very good for doing its job for those engines?
and original air boxes are plastic , how bad could it be broken that it wouldnt be possible to fix it , you can glue plastic melt it and so on , many thing could be done from those boxes , redone them and such if you have ideas.

Back