AC belt tensioner replacement

Ser_Egg

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Subaru Forester SG series 1
Transmission
5Spd Manual
Afternoon guys this is going to be a long shot but i was wondering if anyone that lives in Melbourne, and is willing to deliver me an AC belt tensioner replacement today. I live in Sunbury on the border of the metro region

This is what happened to my current one
118877907_10221001955091318_2165120885752305628_o.jpg

Cheers Egg

Someone didn't undo the locking nut enough
have done the same myself.

actually i didnt undo it at all. I put new belts on but the AC one either slipped off or wasnt on properly on the test start so i got ahead of myself and was like yeah its this bolt. "This bolt" turned out to be one of the two bolts that holds the bracket onto the motor and i keep turning the adjustment bolt till snap crackle pop

Never seen that before, but then again, all the units I have are metal, except maybe the one on the Gen3 and the SG - but once you know about the locking nut you tend not to miss it.

Painful lesson @Ser_Egg!

Cheers

Bennie

Never seen that before, but then again, all the units I have are metal, except maybe the one on the Gen3 and the SG - but once you know about the locking nut you tend not to miss it.

Painful lesson @Ser_Egg!

Cheers

Bennie

I only changed the AC pulley on my 2006 SG9 a few months ago because the bearing was shot, and its a plastic pulley. The bracket and nuts are metal though.

Ah right, thanks @ratters the pic looks a bit like it’s a plastic nut setup that’s snapped, not a metal unit!

As for replacement, I’ve successfully replaced the bearing on the idler pulley several times. It’s cheap and works a treat ;)

Cheers

Bennie

Back