Forum Member
Car Year
MY06
Car Model
SG Forester X
Transmission
5MT w/ DR
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to lift the Forester and inch or two nothing serious, and something that I can reverse back to standard with out too much trouble.

- Lift springs seem good but might be a bit of a stiff ride.
- Spacers do well and are easy but I'm worried about suspension damage and wear.

What do reckon would be best?

Best Lift Method

Keep your back straight and bend at the knees. :)

- Lift springs seem good but might be a bit of a stiff ride.
If you're carrying heavy loads not too bad way to go.
but, a spacer lift is the go, unless you go mad and get long travel suspension.
- Spacers do well and are easy but I'm worried about suspension damage and wear.
I thoroughly recommend Matt's kit at SubiLiftOz. Handles just as good as OEM IMHO and very little additional wear, but I don't bash it off road, I'm more of a slow and steady type of guy.

My old faithful has an original SubaXtreme 40 mm lift, later supplemented with Pedders rear springs which, in turn, were replaced by Kings.
Has been a good combination with very little rear sag, a good ride overall on most surfaces, satisfactory clearance, in combination with slightly larger tyres, and excellent load carrying capacity. The latter probably causing possible overloading when choco with wood.
Seems to body roll a tad more when pushed around corners but missing a front stabiliser bar probably contributes to this.
Had the initial work carried out in 2004 by SubaXtreme in Maryborough, prior to its first Simpson trip, and a few new struts since.
No complaints at all. Well worth while.

Last edited:
Plenty of bars and sump guards etc. However they do now on-sell Nachaluva's kits. IIRC even Jody stopped making them before he sold the business.

Sounds like they might be the go!
Does Nachaluva make the Subi Lift Oz kits or they something different?
Also is there anything that can be done to put less stress on the CVs with them?

best is find or make just higher struts and get lift only from that. depends on budget
oem cvs are fine with 5cm lift . mine even fine on 7cm without droping subframe.

Back