Forester Suspension Mod Hiccup - SOLVED

bitmuse

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Impreza Outback Sport
Transmission
Manual 5 Speed
Hey all. I'm halfway through replacing my 2000 outback's suspension with some 2004 Forester suspension assemblies, but I encountered a weird problem.

I've got the suspension mounted and I'm trying to rotate the hub up on the front (passenger side) right to match the camber bolts. The hub is pointed down at a forty five degree angle and for some reason I cannot get it to tilt back to level, like it's 'stuck' on something.

I have no idea why it's doing that, what are some things I could look at to try and puzzle this out? I kind of doubt the spline fell out from the diff, I think there's a pin holding that in. I unbolted the sway bar to see if that was sticking it, and I still can't get it to tilt back to level. It's super bizarre.

Thanks everyone!

It sounds like the inner CV has come out - look to see if the CV boot is stretched. Just rotate/jiggle the axle while lifting the hub back up

PS: The rear suspension is different. A 2000 BH Outback has unique rear suspension

@NachaLuva
Dang, I'd been jiggling the axle while lifting the whole time. I can spin the hub freely with my hands so it sounds like the inner CV maybe did pop out. Is it worth popping the boot to guide it back in if the jiggle isn't helping?

Also thanks for the PS on the rear suspension. Should I grab the forester rear trailing arms to replace it as well?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Thank you! Also update I just a jack to raise the arm and give it a really good wiggle and managed to pop in the inner cv!

Suspension replacement complete.

Back