• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Subaru P1232 code

Just wanted to post the development of this P1232 issue. The car continued to throw the error (indicator and code) even after the battery was replaced so it's not battery issue, and the condition was getting worse. In cold winter mornings the car refused to start too, and sometimes the engine just stalled after driven less than 20 metres.

It was time for the service so brought the issue to sTechnic hoping they could sort this out. They reckon the symptoms ( couldn't start and engine stall) look like there was a leak in the fuel systems. I was thinking RAC didn't plug the fuel pump perfectly causing leakage too. Anyway couldn't find any problem after the service. I had to take the car home and it was driven like a brand new car (from the way the engine responded).

Over the weekend I felt like I had a brand new Outback again.
Then came Monday I drove the car to work as usual and felt the car was funny. Lunch time I went out to check the car and found out diesel dripping from the car (luckily it's diesel otherwise it would've evaporated and couldn't be seen). Rang sTechnic and drove it to them for a check as they recommended. They found out that the diesel fuel filter water sensor was cracked (from the colour of the crackline it looks like it had been cracked for a while). Unfortunately there is no stock on this part in WA!
Luckily they managed to source a Toyota part and modified it to fit into my car and it's been good since!!!

Back