Why choose forester in Australia?

My understanding of the way the hill holder works is that there is a PHV (Pressure Hold Valve) attached to the brake master cylinder which activates when the clutch and brake are depressed and holds the brake pressure until the clutch is released. A "PHV" cable is connected to the clutch pedal to facilitate this function. In simple terms the PHV keeps the brakes on when stopped.

Further to what Kevin said above, this cave cable unit should be adjusted to disengage just as the clutch starts to grab. So clutch dump all you want (because we all do that and Subaru’s are known for breaking traction at the lights <insert sarcasm here>), the hill holder will not effect the clutch or the gearbox IF properly setup.

If you’re experiencing a braking like effect when using the clutch on hill assist take offs, the cable needs to be adjust so the valve disengages the brake hold before you’re half biting into the clutch friction.

Cheers

Bennie

seems like more electronic and sensors we get there the worse it gets for some reasons. as now i think what i would get less sensors 2003-2004 model 2nd gen 3.0 VDC , i would get less stuff to interfier. and now i see that i dont like those. but ok i will try to learn that now , as i said lots earlier i would like to have E off roader instead this , but then we can engage our E motors as we please if its basic design ... so i would like to start with that .
Yes, while generally, modern cars have more sensors that interfere too much when they have a problem, the best thing to do is to address issues, especially sensor-related, as soon as possible. What may have happened to yours is that the previous owners kept on running the vehicle even with faults and decided to sell it when it was too much of a hassle to them. A good example is when an A/F sensor goes bad and the owner just postpones the repair for a while. The engine may run too rich, increasing the blockage to the cat and other areas, or too lean, which may create extra wear on the cylinders. These can cause a chain reaction and can be very hard to diagnose down the line.

Thank @Kevin and @El_Freddo Thats what I am getting, no brake influence at all when I dump the clutch, so I suspect my set up is all good. I can be on a hill and the hill brakes let go before I am half off the clutch, really before it is even biting.

Back