What's need to lift 2018 Forester?

chrishwright

Car Year
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
Manual
Looking to lift my new to me 2018 Forester 2 inches. Looking at LP Adventure kits (recommendations welcome). If I lift the car 2", what else will I need to do? Change tire sizes (I'll likely get AT tires)? New suspension? How will MPG be effected? My needs are pretty simple, not planning on off-roading for recreation, more so to get to destinations for climbing/backpacking trips.

Any tips/advice welcome, I'm new to modifying my car

good car. yes lift it . lift kit will have all you need for that. then some larger tires could go in and yes better AT ones , depends what p[laces you gonna visit and what surface there you can go for lighter AT or heavier more agressive ones, so depends what you need, and how they look, i guess looks important as well. no need new suspension for this year car i guess. even 2001 did fine with oem suspension after lift so .. mpg will be affected some from tires yes. not much though.

G'day & Welcome abroad @chrishwright

Yes, join the "higher car" club for sure :) We recommend SubiLiftOz kits available from @NachaLuva

You can always get AT tires but what rubber is on the car now?

Fully pro pics these days @NachaLuva! Very nice!

@chrishwright - don’t jump straight into larger tyres until after you get the lift. You might find you don’t need them if you’re just after tracks to get in a little further. The extra approach, departure and ramp over angles might be enough.

Getting a decent set of tyres that have the grip you’re after is where you’ll find the most benefit to what you want to do.

Cheers

Bennie

A set of same size AT tyres does wonders.

Back