Ben's UHF fitting

Unfortunately I don't think I've got enough cable to get it up there, unless there's a handy grommet on the passenger side.

Here's a 3400 head unit as an example - much easier to install when the head unit is about the size of a Scangauge!
Man, that's extremely compact! My CB radio installation experience is with the 90's Motorola ones. They were huge units that usually had to be installed sideways on the passenger side.

Right now I am using handhelds but I like what @Ratbag mounted his receiver.

I like the design of the remote head. It removes a lot of installation restrictions.

Man, CB radios nowadays are extremely compact! Even without the remote head, it's still much tinier compared to units 2 decades ago.

^ they sure are compact!

GME now have an 80 channel remote head - TX3520S - but expensive @ A$549

It's in!
UHWVME5l.jpg

Thank goodness for spare parts...
ScWwALwl.jpg

And dash carpet!
kXTYR6Ml.jpg

Going to get some magnets to hold the lid down, but for now it's extra snug and the mounting bolts are holding the lid in place. Will tidy it up a bit too, but the carpet covers it.

I think it's rather neat. :)

Last edited:
If I was doing it again (and I might, cause I can) I reckon I'd just put the UHF where the clock currently is.
That would look sweet, and it would fit. Didn't even think of doing that until I'd finished doing what I've done.:eek::poop::LOL:

But how on earth will you know the time
Oooh. didn't think about that!
The other downside to putting it where the clock is, is it would be fiddly to change channels etc.
nice and easy where it is.

oops. I might have broken one of the images above.. it was this:
4iLptKpl.jpg

and I can't edit it to put it back!

50th edit: oh. the other one's there now. I'm slightly confused.

Back