Paint chips - Mud flaps and the Law

paffoh

Forum Member
Well bugger me if I havent noticed some annoying chips from stones above my plastic panels. While most are on the drivers side (Passing cars) there are some on other parts of my car. I dont have mud flaps as the poxy front ones got ripped off ages ago and the rear ones are on my old bar and dont want to even try and fit them.

What are we running guys? The rallyarmour ones look droolworthy but I aint paying $140 US a set (I wont hold my breathe, possily ), anyone custom made a set using rubber matting or are we still running stock?

Also read its illegal to not have them, sound right?

I just went to the auto parts store and bought some generic rubber mud flaps, cost me about $40 if I remember correctly. Cut them to fit and utilized stock mounting points.
Mudflaps02sm.jpg

Mudflaps01sm.jpg

Mudflaps03sm.jpg

I left the back ones too long, I was warned, and I paid the price.:redface: Got stuck spinning a wheel on one when I had to reverse out of a situation. Shortened them up after that.:ebiggrin:

In West Aus, bottom of wheel arch or mudflap needs to be at least within 300mm of road surface. Not sure about regulation in ACT.

Back