• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

SubieLiftOz

1" HDPE lift kits now in!!! :biggrin:

repair link //flic.kr/p/zrUQ8v]https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5821/21952993475_0c45c74ca5_c.jpg

Haha ResDead, no worries. Yes, I've managed to keep the price very reasonable plus the current exchange rate works great for you guys too!

So to make it clear for others, here are my current products:

*SubieLiftOz 1" HDPE lift kit for all models of Subaru Forester, Liberty/Legacy, Outback, Impreza, Crosstrek XV & Exiga.

Cost is $95/lift kit for the set of 4 spacers & longer bolts. Detailed, easy to follow instructions are supplied, plus a free SubieLiftOz sticker! $110 posted anywhere in Oz & international shipping is available.

The 1" HDPE lift kit makes a great introduction into the world of lifted Subarus or can be combined with raised springs for a 2.5" lift. A great combination, very popular! Note: trailing arm spacers will be required for this combination.

*SubieLiftOz 2" steel lift kit with camber & caster offset for better cornering, steering & straight line stability. For all the above models except Lib/Outback Gen 3 (will do that one when I can).

Cost is $475/lift kit for the set of 4 spacers & rear trailing arm spacers. Includes detailed, easy to follow instructions and a free SubieLiftOz sticker!

*SubieLiftOz custom lift kit up to 3", an extra 1/2" is $20 each end. So, 2" front & 2.5" rear is $495. 2.5" front & 3" rear is $535.

*SubieLiftOz custom full body lift kit. These can be made to go with raised springs for a total lift of 3.5" (2" strut top spacers + 1.5" for the springs) or with 3" strut top spacers to go with stock height springs. The body spacers keep the CV angles under 2.5" for good reliability. A great lift kit for those wanting a little more. POA

*SubieLiftOz rear trailing arm spacers can also be sold separately, $125 set of 2 including longer bolts.

*SubieLiftOz subframe spacer kits are available separately as well These are for late model Subarus with a rear multi link suspension. $215 for the 1" kit & $245 for the 2" kit. Spacers are high tensile, marine grade 6061 T651 alloy with custom ordered M14 grade 10.9 bolts. A very high quality kit designed to copy the factory method & blend harmoniously for a factory look with factory reliability!

repair link flic.kr/p/zajcvu][img]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/627/21765172538_49748a035f_c.jpg
repair link //flic.kr/p/zajdJb][img]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/772/21765176638_cfc8998eef_c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely top notch work NachaLuva!
I wouldnt be surprised in the slightest if this SubieLiftOz venture becomes the next big thing in lifting subarus in the offroad community.
Build quality, great materials and attention to detail are all the things we look for, and you have checked all three mate.
PM'ing' you now for a 2 inch full body lift kit :ebiggrin:

Thanks mate! I'm really putting everything into this, so much of my time and energy coming up with new ideas & the best way to do things. It's awesome hearing such good feedback :biggrin:

Excellent looking product NachaLuva, well done. Having followed your progress here, I know it hasn't come easy- extra kudos to you.
I have a few questions which I will post here as others may have similar questions.
I have recently acquired a 2010 SH, with the old saggy donkey syndrome. Having had good results on my SG with the KYB/raised King combo, I'm looking to go the same route, but only for the rear.
In conjunction with that I'm keen on a set of 1" strut spacers all round. Bearing in mind that the only Kings in the catalog for the SH are normal height, would I need the subframe kit (sorry the new to me geometry of the SH has me baffled)
I assume with the 1"HDPE spacers, the springs need to be removed from the strut and the studs of the tophat knocked out.
I will PM you, as I have a few more questions which others may find boring.
Best Regards and every success with this exciting venture.
Mike

Thanks Mike :)

Yes, it's been difficult but I believe in myself & know I can make great quality kits at good prices. Still heaps more to do though but the support is great!

1" spacers with rear raised springs will work well, you would want a 2" rear subframe spacer kit to keep good rear suspension geometry.

I've answered your PM but I'll share it here for others.

Subframe:
The subframe installation really isnt too difficult, just do one side at a time. Loosen the bolts both sides, support one side of the subframe with a jack, remove the bolts on that side including the brake line bracket & drop it enough to put in the spacers. Replace the bolts with the provided longer ones & do up loosely. Repeat on the other side. Bolt in both brake line bracket extensions. Tighten all bolts to factory specs. Done :biggrin:

1" spacers:
The easiest way is to remove the strut (front) or coilover shock (rear) and place upside down on a hard surface like a concrete floor. Place a suitably sized socket on the top hat so that it sits around the stud head & give it a sharp tap. Several hits may be needed, repeat for each stud.

Place the 1" spacer on the top hat & thread in the supplied bolts. Refit the strut/coilover to the car & tighten the supplied anti-vibration nuts. Torque specs will be provided in the instructions.

Picked up a 1" Subielift oz set of spacers yesterday! The quality is definitely spot on! Bolts and fittings supplied are high quality kit as well.

Now to get around to that snorkel...

Thanks Thunder, I strive to make all of my kits easy to fit, even for those with limited mechanical skills :biggrin:

Been busy last few days, getting a heap of SH & SJ 2" kits ready, just got to rust proof & paint them, & finish off the subframe kits...

So to make it clear for others, here are my current products:

The 1" HDPE lift kit makes a great introduction into the world of lifted Subarus or can be combined with raised springs for a 2.5" lift. A great combination, very popular! Note: trailing arm spacers will be required for this combination.

Hi Nucha (*Nacha), so I just bought an SH and I've discovered, as other people have, that there are no lifting springs available from King Springs for this model. With this in mind, am I right in thinking that your 2" steel lift kit with camber & caster on top of the stock suspension will be the best option for me? I'd like 2.5", but realistically, 2" is probably enough. I'm not looking to go mudding or wheeling, I just need the capability to keep up with my mate's Triton when we go camping :)

Forgive me, I'm new to this whole offroad thing in general, let alone lifting Subarus!

Thanks for all your work, Nucha (*Nacha). It's truly inspiring that you've taken on this epic task AND nailed it so expertly. I just wish a few suspension manufacturers had your initiative... :(

Last edited:
I think it's Lovells who make raised springs for the SH. You have a few options.
*Get raised springs with a 1" rear subframe spacer kit (keeps the suspension geometry right).
*Raised springs plus 1" strut top spacers and 2" rear subframe spacer kit
*2" lift kit incl 2" rear subframe spacer kit. This option gives better steering with the added camber & caster offset but each option has advantages & disadvantages.

Feel free to PM me for a more detailed explanation or if you have any questions.

Thanks NachaLuva (sorry for spelling it wrong before :p)

That's given me something to think about, but I'll PM you when I'm closer to doing the deed. We'll be forking out for new tyres soon, so that's going to make a dent in the back pocket :\

Haha, don't worry about it lol. Yeah tyres are a big investment but so critical both for onroad and offroad!

So true! I checked Lovell's catalogue and you're right, they do offer raised springs for the SH. Aussie made is always a bonus!
No shocks though :(

Hey Nacha, just a quick follow up.

Before we started talking, I'd sent King Springs an enquiry. I got a reply from a chap called Steve Dorman yesterday. He said that the reason they don't offer a raised spring for the SH is due to the suspension droop being too limited. In light of this, it's strange that Lovells makes one. Regardless of this information, I'd already decided against it.

Even before Steve's reply, I was beginning to doubt raised suspension as realistically we don't need it just yet for what we intend to do; i.e. camping off the beaten track mainly. Later on, if we want to get more into serious offroading, I'll think about it, but for now I think I'll go with a strut top lift only. We've got a few expenses on the horizon so I won't be ordering them just yet, but I'll be in touch.

Thanks again for the advice, NachaLuva :D

PS KYB only have stock strut and shock replacements and Ebay turned up nothing of use :(

It's taken 4 long months of development, but the Forester SH/SJ, Liberty/Outback Gen 4>, Impreza GE/GH and XV Crosstrek kits are finally here!! :biggrin::discomonkey::monkeydance:

It uses OEM style solid subframe spacers and custom ordered grade 10.9 bolts.

There have been a lot of obstacles to overcome: the main subframe spacer bolts which needed to be custom ordered, not a cheap exercise! The variations in the different model subframes, some of which are subtle. The design & manufacture of the subframe spacers themselves.

Then there's the strut top spacers. Using CAD designed & laser cut 6mm plate steel welded in a jig for accuracy, the fronts have both camber & caster offset to not only get the alignment within spec, but actually improve steering.

All kits come with everything that is needed, including new high tensile, zinc plated bolts & nuts, and detailed, easy to follow fitting instructions. Dope stickers included!!

I am absolutely rapt with the outcome, I am sure you will be too!

Many thanks to all those who have been so patient, I really appreciate everyone's support! :mrgreen:

OEM Forester spacer on the right, mine on the left:

1" SH subframe spacer kit:

Complete SJ XT 2" kit:

Last edited:
Thanks guys :biggrin:

Just updated the post to include Outback Gen 4> & XV, but it also includes others like Liberty Gen 4> and Impreza GE/GH>

Back