The site is running like a pig ATM. Like Lassie with three broken legs!

+1 Ratbag.
It has been running like a lame dog since I started the Thread and I even updated my Firefox browser to v48.0 in the mean time. It has never improved for me.
Maybe there is a problem with the line at the bottom of the pond?

I am within a hairs breath of pulling the plug on the site for good, I don't own a Subaru anymore but I remain interested just the same.

Loaded normally here in ATL.

Perhaps something to do with the international bandwidth??

+1 Ratbag.
It has been running like a lame dog since I started the Thread and I even updated my Firefox browser to v48.0 in the mean time. It has never improved for me.
Maybe there is a problem with the line at the bottom of the pond?

I am within a hairs breath of pulling the plug on the site for good, I don't own a Subaru anymore but I remain interested just the same.

Most of the time, I find it acceptably fast. We have 116/2.5 Mbps cable connection here, so that is never a limiting factor.

I use my own web site as a touchstone. It is running locally (Sydney) with fast servers, fast PADs, fast routers, and now SSD as the sole storage. A 1-2 MB image file displays instantly. It is as fast as using our internal Gbps LAN in practical terms. Almost every site I visit is slow compared with that!

They had server issues during the week so maybe they've been doing some more work on them.

Summary

screenshot

Performance grade

The page’s Google PageSpeed performance grade. Read more

Performance grade
a 91

Load time
11.48 s

Faster than
13 %
of tested sites

Page size
162.6 kB

Requests

Tested from
Stockholm

They had server issues during the week so maybe they've been doing some more work on them.

Summary

screenshot

Performance grade

Performance grade
a 91

Load time
11.48 s

Faster than
13 %
of tested sites

Page size
162.6 kB

Requests

Tested from
Stockholm

And there in lies the problem Kevin. :poke: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Melbourne is about as close as we can get :iconwink:

Summary

screenshot

Performance grade

Performance grade
a 91

Load time
5.13 s

Faster than
32 %
of tested sites

Page size
113.5 kB

Requests

Tested from
Melbourne

The site is loading normally here in Atlanta

The site loads Ok SupeRu it just takes longer than all the other sites that I visit, whether it be a website or a Forum, Offroadsubarus.com is the sloooowest of them all, it never used to be hence my starting of the Thread to begin with.

I also started the Thread to see if I was the only one being effected, so far there are only two of us, so we will have to look at our end/s to see if we can find a reason.

We'll do some upgrades soon, maybe that will help.

I asked our hosts, urljet, to check the site and all is fine.

Don't know what happened overnight Kevin but the site has just jumped out of it's skin so to speak. It took about 3 - 4 secs to load and mark all forums read today.

I tested the site on Friday last week on my son-in-laws PC down at Caboolture and it was as slow as mine and he is on a faster connection speed than me.

All is well now, the perseverance has paid off.

A Safe and Merry Christmas to Forumites!

That's really good to know Peter - I've not experienced any issues here recently.

A Merry Christmas to you & yours as well.

Out of interest I just did a speed test - "Faster than 88 % of tested sites".
It may be because of some changes I implemented behind he scenes - time will tell!

Whatever we both did it is working brilliantly Kevin. :egeek:
You tweaked something behind the scenes and I loaded Firefox 57.0.3 to try it out and the site just opened in 00.02.67 secs. :surprised:

Happy New Year!

Site superfast on me too. Both on pc and android phone. I love how on phone its not some mobile version but full version and works just fine . page zooms instant to screen ratio and zooms in all supersmooth with all pics on screen no prob.

Back