205R16 or 205/80R16 AT tires on Forester SJ

Me, dogs, food, water and gear should stay under 3600lbs/1600kg.
Is that including the vehicle? seems very heavy if not being included, very light if it is...?
I'm pretty sure the SGs were about 1600kg and I'm positive they can't legally carry their own weight (well not in Australia)!

Ha, that's everything, including the car. It's should have been around 3100 now, empty and stock form. I've cut out about 50lbs so far(before adding the bed which isn't finished yet). I hope to take another 40-60 off before I start adding things back.
*My Toyota Sienna(without people and water) was just over 100lbs lighter than when I bought it after adding in the bed, fridge, new flooring and side panels. That's with leaving 2 of the 5 rear seats in the car. The 3 I took out were very heavy. I actually weighed that car before and after. I wish I weighed my Foz but I didn't so I'm going off of advertised weight

Last edited by a moderator:
I cut the rear seat in half, and removed the double seat back. So now it's a 3 seater. That was a lot of weight. The rear sway bar is off, and I'm getting a battery that's 16lbs lighter. I'm removing most of the paneling behind the front seats too, along with rear speakers and maybe even making rear door cards out of ABS. I'll be spraying everything with Boom Mat sound deadening to make up for some of the sound insulation I'm using. I'm also replacing the rear quarter windows with Lexan. And possibly making a fiberglass box to replace the rear glass. Those will all be used to store lightweight things and it'll help a lot with temperature regulation. I'm guessing I'll lose 30-35lbs of weight replacing that glass

Back