New Cooper ATR shoes for the Forester

They do fit with stock suspension, it was the first thing i did to my car. I still have mine sitting in the shed on std steel wheels if your interested.

Good thread, keeping me keen!

So without suspension mods I should stick to the 65's...

Just _bj & Brendon : You guys got fitted springs using those or the standards?

Still using the std springs but I'm thinking about a strut top lift and stronger springs on the back at I bought a campertrailer and it's drawbar weight is pretty heavy. I probably wont go with a spring lift because it reduces the down travel in the suspension.

Cheers

Brian

Brendon,

Just wondering if you could clarify exactly what tyres you have sitting in your garage on standard steel rims. You see, I am getting some work done on my car ( New xtreme bar / rear bar / sump guard ) and would love to get some AT's on it, but dont want a lift kit... The suspension and springs are truely stock at the moment... I have a MY03 Forester... Do you have any pics?

Aprreciate your time, finding 65 size AT's is almost impossible in Canberra...

Hey Spinners, what lift have you got in your Forester? Im very keen on getting some BFGoodrich AT's and they only come in 215/70/16. I will only have a 2" lift.

Hey Spinners, what lift have you got in your Forester? Im very keen on getting some BFGoodrich AT's and they only come in 215/70/16. I will only have a 2" lift.

Hi, I've got a 2" strut lift in there with king springs in the rear and pedders in the front.

It has almost been 2 years I think now and it has all settled in great.

I get a little rubbing on the front tyres at full lock.

Ok, cheers mate.
After this long, how have you found the tyres? Things like on road noise, off road performance, cuts & tears and milage?
Thanks for your help.

Ok, cheers mate.
After this long, how have you found the tyres? Things like on road noise, off road performance, cuts & tears and milage?
Thanks for your help.

Road noise is a little higher that before, to be expected.

Offroad performance has been very pleasing. I had had the pressures right down when on Stockton and it was a breeze. Mud struggles but not too bad. Cuts have not been that sightly, but I have a couple. No tears to report. 20K on them and there is still heaps of tread left.

The only thing that erked me was that I caught a sharp rock on the side wall and it pinched. $200 later and a new one is on the roof.

Ok cheers, and the classic question. Would you get them again, or try something different?

Back