Subarus at the Rubicon Trail

I agree. The mega lift is the culprit. Can someone help me understand what the point is of such a high body lift when the diff and front end mechanicals are hanging down so close to the ground?

Ramp over angle is increased and if you are into rock climbing that is an advantage.

And the penalty is - falling over sideways. :rotfl:

If you consider it to be still a Subaru

Yeah i dont like those kind projects. Like: just take proper 4wd car dude if you want do that stuff. Why subaru? Just dont. It would be some point if that would be cheap but its not. Its similar to heavy lifted small suzuki 4wd. They just roll to places not drive there. Lol

This video is probably 20 years old and at that time the higher was the better, things have changed since.

For me, they still are Subarus because they kept the independant suspensions on all four corners.

Yup, agree with that as long as they have boxer engines too. :)

Not my cup of tea at all either, but different people like different things.

It is still a Subaru in the sense that an old Jeep completing the likes of Carnage Canyon is still a Jeep. Both are really just toys. The latest Jeeps have changed things dramatically but the average 4x4 taking on very difficult (Rubicon) and extreme (Carnage Canyon) trails here is an old beater with no value anyway. Whether it is a Jeep, an old truck, or an old Subie, it is not something you want to drive anywhere else.

Anyone know why the video was deleted? I had watched most of it but not all.

Back