Subaru sg forester TMIC mounting?

ethanmoore296

New User
Car Year
Car Model
forester
Transmission
manual
Does anyone know if im able to fit a top mount intercooler to the orginal air filter mounting points ??

G'day & Welcome [MENTION=16307]ethanmoore296[/MENTION]

So do I gather you are adding a turbo to an NA?

Hey kevin and yeah i was considering putting a turbo in my forester but am not sure if the intercooler will fit the same mounting points for the stock air filter box

Hey kevin and yeah i was considering putting a turbo in my forester but am not sure if the intercooler will fit the same mounting points for the stock air filter box

many have considered before you but the outcome is always the same. The economics and practicality just simply doesn't add up.
If you want a turbo, sell your car and buy a GT or XT save thousands of $, hours of headaches and easier to insure.

would an intercooler still fit the mounting points tho incase i just wanted to run it with a interccoler and no turbo atm or should i just not worry about having an intercooler unless im getting an upgrade ?

thanks.

No point really. Just make sure your intake is in a position to get the coldest air possible; the stock intake on an MY'03 just behind the headlight is OK.

I agree with [MENTION=43]lefty[/MENTION] re any conversion.

I suggest you check out rs25.com

lots of DIY turbo and supercharged NA 2.5 builds.

In Oz - the most sensible route is just to buy a turbo car or swap in a turbo donk from a wreck or a JDM front-cut.

Live a little, learn along the way.

Key message I’ve noted in reading these threads (use google, there are loads of posts about this, some detailed, some not so. Find the good ones) is not to run high boost, “high boost” = stock. You only want 5psi to 8psi depending on your engine specs and factory management.

If it pops you know what’s killed it. Replace NA engine and tone it down or go the full turbo conversion if you’re keen for factory performance.

Cheers

Bennie

Back