Outback Rooftop tents

Stacey

Car Year
Car Model
Outback touring
Transmission
Auto
Hi there, I’m new to this forum. I have just sold our family camper trailer and am interested in a rooftop tent for our Subaru outback 2023. I like the look of the Autohome Columbus, but am not technical at all. I live by the sea, so mods in aluminium are preferable. What modifications will I need to my existing roof rack system to fit this rooftop tent, Kevin, as I read you had one previously. Thanks in advance for any assistance. I live in Central Qld, so will have to have the tent sent. If you have any recommendations, always happy to hear.

G'day & Welcome @Stacey

Indeed I still have the Autohome Columbus which is now 17 years old and showing signs of a hard life! ;)

Price-wise at A$6K+ I would not buy another as they are no longer competitive and there are many other similar products available elsewhere for much less - (of which I have not done any research).

Just as examples:

What roof racks do you have now?

Thanks Kevin for your response. I just have the roof racks that were supplied with the outback tourer. They are the fold away ones

I have been using the Dune Nomad 1.2 from Anaconda. Mainly because it is lighter then most RTTs, is quite comfy and quick to setup

I also have Dune Nomad1.2 on Forester, purchased because lighter than 1.4.Added thin dense foam mattress and very happy with set up.Check what weight the inbuilt roof racks are rated for , they look at little light on to me.

Hey Stacey, Welcome! I use this RTT it is slightly on the large side for my Forester, but may fit perfectly on your Outback. I don't mind sharing details on where & how much, but I'd prefer to do it via PM as these come factory direct. We love it, it fits 2 very comfortably. You might need to upgrade your racks as I found that to be beneficial.

Attachments

• 105105.jpg
    105105.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20240113_235440842~3.jpg
    PXL_20240113_235440842~3.jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for the information. I just purchased a 23 zero super lite roof top tent. Just wondering, what roof racks did you buy for your forester?

This is a great form and I really appreciate all the input from everyone😊

JUST-V 51" Universal Roof Rack Cross Bars,Adjustable Max 47.2'' Lockable Thick Aero Aluminum Cargo Carrier Roof Rack Crossbar,330 LBS Bearing,for Most Vehicles with Existing Raised Side Rails Black https://a.co/d/hiYrjLl

Specifically for the 330lb. Rating.

Back