Air up?

Gidday Nipper

I carry a car battery driven air compressor with me.

30 amp leads to the car battery. 90L minute. 150 psi. IIRC.

I carry a car battery driven air compressor with me.
For me, it really depends on where the trip ends :cool:
Sometimes I will air back up at a servo if there is one near by, other wise, I will use the compressor that lives in the car with me :ebiggrin:
But no matter which one I use, I always check the air pressure with my own digital air pressure gauge. I just don't trust the servo ones :iconwink:

Regards
Mr Turbo

Up until last Sunday a portable 150psi battery operated air compressor but that died on the third tyre so I'm thinking of just putting 75lb in my spare and using a transfer hose (I did that on my Landcruiser all the time and it was great) maybe also a couple of hundred lb in a modified medium size fire extinguisher & using the same hose.

I air up my tyres with a cheap tyre air compressor. Like Damo i carry a separate gauge.

I have an Aussie brand cheapie compressor (LION). About $230 I think it cost. 72l per min and 200psi max.

Can do all 4 in just over 5mins :ebiggrin:

Airing down with tyre deflators takes ~2mins.

I bought a "Jeep" 12v air compressor that plugs into the lighter, cost me $40 off gumtree and has a built in pressure gauge. From 18psi to 36psi took around 15mins for all 4 tyres and it's compact enough to fit in the side compartment in the back of the wagon.

But no matter which one I use, I always check the air pressure with my own digital air pressure gauge. I just don't trust the servo ones :iconwink:

IMO thats a must!

I use a cheapo Super Cheap Auto 12V compressor, bit slow & doesnt always fit on the valve properly but does the trick

I bought a "Jeep" 12v air compressor that plugs into the lighter...and it's compact enough to fit in the side compartment in the back of the wagon.

Careful about where you store your compressor, most L series rust out in the rear wheel wells under the factory mud flaps, Ruby Scoo has a massive hole on each side. It's also good to not store your compressor in low lying places incase this happens to you:

pb010091rs.jpg

I use a cheapo Super Cheap Auto 12V compressor, bit slow & doesnt always fit on the valve properly but does the trick

That's what I roll with. It's copped a flogging and is still going. I'm sure it'll die sometime soon :(

Cheers

Bennie

Im looking at getting an ARB CKMA12 and installing it right against the firewall on the passenger side under the bonnet, or under a seat. They are meant to get pretty hot so liking idea of bonnet!

I've had one of [ame=https://www.amazon.com/Industries-MV50-SuperFlow-High-Compressor/dp/B000BM8RT8]these[/ame] that I've used for the past 7 years or so, and it works brilliantly: it'll take a 31" tyre from 8psi to 32psi in around 3 minutes. It is loud, though, and prone to hopping around if you're using it on a solid surface. Still recommended, though.

26b71861.jpg

Megagrunt twin cyl 85l/m $150 absolute pile of sandilands.

Bag- rubbish

Built in deflator- rubbish, constantly deflaes while trying to inflate unless you sit there and hold it.

Screw on valve attachment- ensures the pressure is less than whatever it was when you began removal.

Carry handle- rubbish, detaches itself from unit.

Wiring alligators and fuse- cheap and nasty, heats up, connectors to the fuse burned the fuse tags.

Pump- rubbish, **** itself after about 50 tire inflations.

Not recommended.

Just bought a projecta 150l/m, review to come.

I have this unit from Princess Trading, here:

https://www.princess-trade.com.au/c...ngle-cyclinder-heavy-duty-air-compressor.html

Cost me about $65 delivered, IIRC.

Case folded up with everything inside.

E-30_JAK_2012-_1187166_Ew.jpg

Compressor in case with my plastic box for the little fiddly bits.

E-30_JAK_2012-_1187168_Ew.jpg

Compressor.

E-30_JAK_2012-_1187163_Ew.jpg

Nice, pretty tough case that has room for the green-lidded box with other tyre care stuff in it (did not come with the compressor).

Here is the case folded out.

E-30_JAK_2012-_1187167_Ew.jpg

And behind the P/S sear in Roo2.

E-30_JAK_2012-_1187171_Ew.jpg

I do propose to write a review of it sometime.

No problems so far.

Will inflate a completely flat 165x13 tyre to 30 psi in considerably under a minute.

Will supposedly run to 150 psi, at 90L/min.

[EDIT]
BTW, the checked rug on my back seat (solid red on the other side) was bought by my Mum in Scotland c. 1955. Was the knee rug in the Jaguar for a while, then in her MG-A for many years. I really shouldn't use it for this sort of daily purpose, but it is nice to have it with me to remind me of her (as if I need any reminding - she was a good Mother). A tribute to its quality that it has now lasted over 50 years, and used for most of that time.
[end edit]

Last edited:
Back