• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

'06 Outback - 16" the lowest we can go?

Duende

Forum Member
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Or do we have options are far as 15" wheels go? I want to sell my 2.5i Limited's wheels and just get down to a smaller wheel and a better tire. Seems like it would be cheaper all the way around, even if a more aggressive tire killed my gas mileage some.

Anyway, I don't really care what the wheels look like... I just want cheap and functional, light as possible. I've heard something about gravel wheels too? Any thoughts on this?

I have a bit of a 30-mile commute for the next two months, but after that just around town stuff and Oregon weather with some camping and exploring going on. So I want to be capable and have wheels and tires I don't need to worry about. I figure if 15's have better tire choices and lighter weight...well great. But 16's are fine. I'm just new to the whole wheel buying process, and really want to buy a set right now, haha. I think my OB would look alright with just those plain black closed-face wheels..whatever they are. Kinda go with the bumper/skid plate and stuff. But whatever. HELP!
[/FONT]

:welcome: Duende!!!

Not sure on the OB, but on the Foresters you can get 15"s to fit with some caliper grinding, willing to bet it's the same deal. Kevin has done this and may have a post up about it.

Thanks. I'm a little iffy on the technical knowhow, so I might just go with some nice 16's I found. Just seemed like it'd be a nice weight/price difference all around down a little lower.

Is Kevin the guy's name I should search for?

or - the more expensive option would be to change the brakes over to callipers that do fit under 15" wheels e.g. like rally cars.

Back