• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

New AGM battery's terminals are too small

Tweaksta

Car Year
Transmission
5MT
Just wondering if anyone has found a way around this.....

I picked up an ALDI "Adventuridge" 80ah AGM VRLA a fortnight ago to replace the 10 year old Delkor 70ah Calcium deep cycle used as a 2nd battery in the campervan.

The terminals on the AGM are just little 5mm screws with hex heads on top. They are not the chunky posts that you normally see on a battery.

The battery terminal connectors in the camper are just your traditional brass circular clamping style with tensioning nut which work well with the chunky posts. The problem is that they just slip over the top of these little terminals with several millimetres to spare.

I don't want to replace the camper connectors as they are the standard and are easy to swap onto other batteries if needed and I don't want to solder it in.

Surely there must be hundreds, if not, thousands of outdoorsey types who have crossed this bridge before.....has anyone worked it out?

Thanks for that.....
Yeh they measure 5mm which is odd as there's not much available in M5.

My other option is to get some M5 hex bolts about 3mm longer and use oversize washers to clamp the brass connectors down.

But yeh, I might just remove the brass connectors as they are just a bolt on. I can get really cheap lugs 5 minutes from home and swage them on tomorrow. That's the easiest method.

Thanks again. Solved.

Back