Crapping On

Rally

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
WRX
Transmission
6 Speed
I just noticed how many posts I’ve made. Three thousand eight hundred and something. How did it get that high? Surely it must be wrong. I couldn’t possibly have crapped on that much, surely? And this post is only making it look worse. Then I looked at how many Kevin has made and I don’t feel quite so bad! Hopefully some of mine were worth reading. Of course we know at least Captain Kevins all were worth reading!

Guess who enjoyed his Christmas lunch! I hope everyone did as much as me. Gee that crackling I did was nice. So was the pudding! Merry Christmas everyone.

I know! That's why I like delete buttons. Reduce the post count!

Guess who enjoyed his Christmas lunch! I hope everyone did as much as me. Gee that crackling I did was nice.

I did our Pork Roast and chicken on the Zeigler & Brown BBQ, it was the best ever crackling that I have ever done, it was just like the Coles ad with Curtis Stone where taps the crackling on a pork roast with the knife. Yum! Yum!

None left today!
My pork belly all be done on the BBQ from now on. The other up side to it all was that it didn't take as long to cook either. :rock:

Getting crackling to crackle was something that up until yesterday had eluded me. Tried it a different way and finally we had success. The spuds in duck fat were great. Glazed the ham this morning and had it for lunch. Very nice. This evening will be left over pork, followed by pavlova. Very much looking forward to the pav. Love my pav.

Getting crackling to crackle was something that up until yesterday had eluded me. Tried it a different way and finally we had success. The spuds in duck fat were great. Glazed the ham this morning and had it for lunch. Very nice. This evening will be left over pork, followed by pavlova. Very much looking forward to the pav. Love my pav.

What did you do different this time to get your crackling to crackle?

Dried it first, then poured boiling water over it, dried it again and threw it in a fan forced oven preheated to 240 degrees C.

Now we’re really crapping on! And you’re making me hungry (which is odd since we just had the best home made beef Wellington!)...

We kept it simple, tomato and cheese sangas for lunch, turkey snags and salad in the evening...

Cheers

Bennie

Dried it first, then poured boiling water over it, dried it again and threw it in a fan forced oven preheated to 240 degrees C.

I add a couple of steps by following this recipe:

Pat dry and then leave the scored roast uncovered in the fridge overnight.

When it's time to cook, put your pork on a wire rack in the sink and pour a jug of boiling water over the rind. Pat dry thoroughly with paper towel.

Rub the roast with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and half a tablespoon of salt (more if you like salty crackling), making sure the oil and salt penetrate the scores.

Place the roast on a wire rack inside a baking tray and cook at 240°C (max 250°C conventional) until the rind crackles, up to 50 minutes. If the roast is over 2kg, take 10 minutes off this initial crackling time.

Turn the oven down to 180°C and cook for 30-35 minutes per kg, depending on how well you like your roast cooked

Once cooked, let the roast rest for 10 minutes before slicing.

Never fails!

Yes, that’s exactly how I did it. Don’t forget you need to cut the rind into around 10mm slices without going all the way to the meat. The boiling water opens up the rind where you have sliced it.

Don’t forget the pavlova.

Back