Portable Solar Panels

Well I'm a bit ahead of myself but today my new solar panel was delivered. I got it from this mob https://www.aussiebatteries.com.au/solar/portable-panels/ and I got the 190w Kyocera one that was on special when I bought it. Paid $504 delivered (that's with refund as per below)
I asked them to do a controller bypass set up which cost $59 but they forgot to do it which was annoying and they are sending me the joiners to do it myself and charging me $20 and refunding $39.
I'm doing the bypass so I can use it with the Ctek stuff that will be charging my batteries which have a controller built in or can use it to charge a battery direct if I need to.
The way he described how to do the bypass does not really make sense to me but can't find any youtube stuff or pics which would explain it. The way I picture how you would do it doesn't seem to be the same as he was describing.
Any ideas out there? I'll probably take it to a solar shop in the end.
The panel is a bit bigger than I thought it would be but should be able to pump in some serious juice.

I need to do a bypass on my portable panel so am interested as well. I cut the wires and have it set up for direct feed to the CTEK atm but would like to restore versatility of running thru it's own controller when needed.

That's what I asked them to do. I figured you cut the wires (2) that come from the black box...junction box?? .... and then go into the controller . I thought that then you would cut the wire that is connected to the wires that come OUT of the controller, put connectors on all ends ( they are sending me 4 RED Anderson connectors ( I figure I need 6) then I could connect the wires direct from the junction box to a long lead that would be going to the battery therefore the controller is not in the loop. When I wanted to use the controller I would plug the wire from the junction box back into the input on the controller and the wires that come out of the controller back onto the lead that goes to the battery and the loop is complete again.
I don't see any other logical way it would work but I couldn't make heads or tails of what he was telling me to do.
I do have 2 nephews who are electricians and I will be seeing one this Sunday so should be able to figure it out.
If i have not figured it by the time i get back home on Monday week i will grab the camera and post some pics.

All good. I can see what to do. Pretty easy once I get hold of a soldering iron.
I must say I'm a bit 'not happy' with the attention to detail and the cost of the Anderson plugs they sent me.
I don't know why they sent me RED plugs and what the difference is between red and grey ones except they are not compatible. Still charging me $30 (not $20 as I said above) for 4 is bloody rich when I could have got 10 for less than $20 off evilbay!!
The fact they didn't do what I originally asked and paid for is annoying anyway!!
I also noticed some heat shrinking of the joins was pretty poor and metal shavings in the frame from drilling plus one bit of metal used in the fold out legs looked used...it already had a hole drilled where it was not needed. The fold out legs don't have anyway of locking themselves in place....probably nit picking but to me it's lack of attention to detail and does nothing to get consumers to buy Australian. Presentation is important and with 1 minutes work they could have made it look better.The bag they supply will last about 10 mins I reckon..i'll look into getting something else made at sometime.
Anyway...I'm sure i'll be happy with it when I'm in the middle of nowhere sipping on a nice cold tinny!!:ebiggrin::)

Back