Beerwah Wreckers

Species

Forum Member
A wreckers isn't the first place you think of when considering a service on your pride and joy but it does make some sense especially for your older vehicles like my L series. Anyway I was put on to this old guy at Beerwah who apparently was a subaru trained mechanic and knows them very well. I called him up and told him my issue and what I had done to rectify it and he definitely came up with things not even suggested by the other place (sunspares) that I called. He was very busy and could only give me 30mins to 'look' at my car and then tell me what I needed to do. In 30mins he adjusted my timing and the idle and fuel mixture on my carby and identified 3 other issues that I needed to do my self. All for $38!
the carby work alone, at my very rough calculations could add well over 200k's to my range per tank of fuel. Not bad for that kind of cash.....

The other 3 issues he found were:
Manifold gasket appears to be leaking water (and some oil)
Thermostat appears to be stuck 1/4 open making the engine run cooler than it should
Advance springs in Distributor were noisy when adjusted.

Now this is where the wreckers part came in to play.. I bought new manifold gaskets - $10 and a replacement distributor - $66 I'll have to go somewhere else to buy the thermostat. I highly recommend this guy but it appears he is very busy so book in early ;)

Yes Wayne is a top bloke
He will give you the time of the day a lot of people wont there days.
Oh the girl behind the desk is his daughter and knows her Subies too.

Jan

Back