Im baaaacckkk! Fuze911's Subaru Adventures.

Hey guys! Some of you might remember my lifted forester and my 30 dollar DIY lift kit.

5091717724_ca75bdd51a_b.jpg

I sold the forester almost two years ago for a 05 Tacoma TRD. LOVED it. Lifted it, big tires, ect. ect. ect.

6894980436_898de49b0e_b.jpg

But i was always thinking about my Subaru. So today, I traded it.

8701398401_c966dd5a73_b.jpg

8702520466_9a18e46822_b.jpg

Just took home the 07 Impreza Wagon. Lets see what happens! Gotta get it dirty now!

Last edited:
Wow. I haven't posted in two years! Thats what having a kid does to your time! ;)

A bunch of little things happened since my last post but mostly, I've just been driving the car. The head gaskets went at around 120k...as expected... so that was a major expense. Otherwise, the car has been pretty good. Here's a summary.

MzlPGBs.jpg

Made some custom mounts for my 24" LED light bar with some fresh yellow film.

DeCuj3t.jpg

Wrapped the steering wheel to keep things fresh in the interior.

JhRraBD.jpg

Hellas gone, LED bar installed.

XvnHt0h.jpg

My headlights were getting cracked and cloudy so it was time for some eye surgery.

ext4J7i.jpg

C-Style LED headlights installed with LED high beams.

5vqsniU.jpg

It snowed, I did donuts. (Also installed some LED pods on the basket)

VGSeUx9.jpg

Maintenance weekend! New rotors, pads, stainless steel brake lines, brake fluid, spark plugs, spark plug wires, o2 sensor, o2 fouler removed, welded 22mm rear sway bar end links to remove ****ty bushing, new ball joints (TOTAL PAINT IN THE ***), & rotation.

I HIGHLY recommend getting stainless steel brake lines. What a difference! The brakes start to work at the top of the pedal now. Not in the middle. Love it.

nice car there. looks cool with those lights.

I'm surprised you got that all done with a child around, well done!

Previous to installing the brake lines, how long since the brakes had been bled?

That's my favourite model of Impreza! Nice work.

nice car there. looks cool with those lights.
Thank you. I love em!

I'm surprised you got that all done with a child around, well done!
It was tricky at times but it had to be done.

Previous to installing the brake lines, how long since the brakes had been bled?
Around 40k. My previous brake pads and rotors still had life in them, but It stopped and felt like crap.

Time flies by lol.
Looks great, love the apprentice mechanic lol :lol:
Yes it does! The apprentice needs a good lesson on puting tools back where she took them from. Lol she kept stashing bits all over the place.

That's my favourite model of Impreza! Nice work.
Thanks! Mine too!

Nice to see this forum moving a little quicker now a days!

Anywho, I need to find time to work on fixing this power steering leak, which I’ve yet to locate, and now I’m getting a vibration when accelerating at around 50/60 mph. I’m thinking axle?

I was thinking of time rather than distance. How many years since they were bled?

I was thinking of time rather than distance. How many years since they were bled?

indeed -- it is difficult to quantify the improvement from a set of braided lines when you typically flush with new fluid and do a proper bleed at the same time.

According to this build thread I did rotors, pads, and fluid on April 2014.

indeed -- it is difficult to quantify the improvement from a set of braided lines when you typically flush with new fluid and do a proper bleed at the same time.

I remember the brakes being grabby when I swapped the brakes and fluid last time but not a taller, stiffer pedal.

Long time between bleeds. Much of the improved pedal feel would be from just bleeding the brakes. I run braided lines on my wrx. I bleed the brakes annually and when I do the pedal always feels better afterwards. That’s after just 1 year

Good to know. It's easy enough to do. I'll just be sure to do it annually and win win. :discomonkey:

Last edited by a moderator:
Upside is less chance of corrosion and brake fade

Ok, so I’m getting a side to side type vibration on acceleration between 50-65 mph. Smooth as glass otherwise when off the throttle. Guess one of my axles took a dump? Or can it be something else?

Torque steer / vibration can be caused by tires; try swapping them side to side and see what happens.

I removed front shocks couple times and after with bad wheel alignment i get vibrations from around 70 km/h speed and really bad ones at 100 or higher speed so definetly bad aligment doing that for sure. But i manage to remove vibrations completely with simple home made alignment. No more vibrations for me. Its not because bad camber but front wheels to steering wheel .
Bad wheel balance could make virbations as well.
Mud stuck inside rim.
Just check those.
With bad axle i just got clicking sounds at low speed and nothing on high speeds.

Back