Hail King Kevin!

I am back to enjoying the site now that it loads a lot faster. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thanks Peter! I'm glad you're enjoying it. While some changes made should make a difference I'm hoping the speed improvement is not amplified by the holiday season; will be interesting to see how it goes once businesses get back to full operation!

I thought that the net would be clogged up more than ever now that the schoolies would be on it 24/7. :biggrin:

hmm now site loading slower then before, now i mean for 2 last days .

I'm absolutely fine. Site loading fast (we have very fast internet connection - 95/38 Mbps). No change here.

Could it be your connection??

Run speedtest.net (Ookla).

The site is hosted in the USA. It could possibly be due to speed issues between you and the site server.

Kevin is currently experimenting with restoring the rotating banners, so expect some strange banners while he tries to sort them out :nod:.

hmm now site loading slower then before, now i mean for 2 last days .

Same as Scalman here!

Ran Adware - Clean Disk, which cleaned out all cookies and Firefox cache, site is still very slow loading.
I too am on 100/38 NBN, makes no difference, it is just this site, no problems with other sites. :confused:

Ookla Test Result

Last edited:
@subyroo Is it sporadic? Test results below indicate that it's OK. Are the other sites used as a comparison also based in the USA?

Look like the security of HTTPS slows it a little but slowest load time is still just 2.52 seconds

From Sydney using HTTP

1585103669345.png
From Sydney using HTTPS
1585104790859.png

From Frankfurt using HTTP
1585103836552.png
From Frankfurt using HTTPS
1585104694991.png

Last edited:
@subyroo I've checked behind the scenes and cannot find anything amiss. This included server logs, file health reports etc. Can you ask your ISP if they are throttling access to this site for some reason? Thanks

There has to be some reason other than you now drive a Honda :p

@subyroo have you confirmed the issue on different browsers/devices on your network. It is potential you have a local Firewall/Anti Virus or Plugins in your Browser causing the issue

@subyroo Wow, that's strange. I'll dig around today and see if I can find anything - I did restrict some bots last night to ease any load.

Peter, can you confirm you're using the "HTTPS" form of the url i.e.
Code:
https://www.offroadsubarus.com/

Thanks
@subyroo I've checked behind the scenes and cannot find anything amiss. This included server logs, file health reports etc. Can you ask your ISP if they are throttling access to this site for some reason? Thanks

There has to be some reason other than you now drive a Honda :p

:oops::oops: You solved the problem Kevin, I was using http:, weird how it only started playing up 2-3 days ago like scalman.

You can mock me & my Honda Kevin :p, it will be long time before I own another Subaru, well unless I win Lotto and I can then buy an early model Manual Forester and give it a "real good birthday".
:D:D

@subyroo That's great Peter - happy the problem is solved! I now wonder if @scalman is using HTTPS? There may have been something in the upgrade that made the difference between the secure and non-secure versions of the URL - I don't recall anything but I'll revisit the doco tomorrow out of interest.

No Honda mocking mate, all in jest! ;)

Your comment was taken as a joke Kevin. :D :D
I had a mental block at the time and couldn't think of another word, I was trying to think of a single word instead of saying "you can poke fun at me and my Honda".

@subyroo That's great Peter - happy the problem is solved! I now wonder if @scalman is using HTTPS? There may have been something in the upgrade that made the difference between the secure and non-secure versions of the URL - I don't recall anything but I'll revisit the doco tomorrow out of interest.

No Honda mocking mate, all in jest! ;)

There really isn't a valid reason to still have the HTTP Version of the site serving in 2020. Much better to add a redirect in the .htaccess file from the HTTP domain to HTTPS. (I work in IT and deal with this stuff on the daily)

@SquiresSquire The redirect is supposed to be there but I'm now suspecting the upgrade on Monday may have changed "something". I'll be checking it out today

I've noticed a couple of times I've clicked on images and it redirects to http and I've had to log in again...

Yes, many of the images are HTTP links. I've thought about a scan and replace but that might break the links.

Back