235/75/15 on 2010 outback

PhunkySoob

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Outback
Transmission
CVT 2.5
I'm wondering who has had experience with a 235/75/15 setup on a 2010 2.5i. I have some method vt-spec's ready for tires but I'm not sure tires that big will give me trouble since I'm not lifted. I've seen the setup work on a lifted outback. The diameter is 1" larger than stock so I'm inclined to believe it won't be an issue. Thanks!

PS: my searching didn't yield any results. hope this hasn't been discussed ad nauseam before.

GDay PhunkySoob :welcome:

Methods have a very low offset, so you won't get rubbing on the strut with 235/75/15. But the low offset increases the radius of the arc that the tyre moves in as you turn, so when lifted you will probably get a little rubbing on the pinch weld behind the front tyres. This can be fixed with a BFH lol, (big F hammer :lol: )

Unlifted, you'll get a lot of rubbing, both on the pinch weld & the wheel arch when the suspension is compressed

This is a customer's BR OB with 235/65/17 Cooper Discoverer AT3, slightly larger than yours. He has slight rubbing in the front on full lock. 2"/2.5" SubieLiftOz lift kit

Thanks for the info! In honesty taking a hammer to the fenders wouldn’t be the worst as the car is already beat to heck 😆. But it sounds like that amount of rubbing is gonna be an issue unlifted. I foresee lift in the future but I’m not going down that rabbit hole quite yet 💰💰. Seems 235/70/15 will be my best bet as it is almost the same diameter as stock but still gives me almost an extra inch of width?

Back