Kevin

Administrator
Car Year
MY'03
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
A/T
I want to get a battery analyzer - what are member's experiences with these devices. Any recommended brands? I notice that CTEK have a product and as my batteries are charged via a CTEK DC-DC charger I thought maybe their product should be suitable.

Am also interested if the analyzer can test all battery types / sizes as well as 12/24.

If by analyser you mean tester then it’s a double edged sword. By loading up the battery, you reduce its life. Which is why I avoid them

I have a multimeter but that won't load test the battery (aux batteries in this case).

What do you mean by a volt chart?

What do you want to do?

Monitor your in-car batteries' health ("battery monitor"), or test batteries at random ("battery tester")?

test batteries at random ("battery tester")?

this

I already have a multimeter and a kickass watt meter but I need to test the condition of the batteries. This was easy with a hydrometer before sealed batteries came along.

update:

Based on advice I received from another Subie club member who is involved with this stuff for his work, I finished up getting the Matson DHC BT002 (DHC MABT002) as it will also perform a starting system analysis. I’ve already identified that both the deep cycle aux batteries in the Triton are up the creek but, surprise, surprise, the much older deep cycle I use in the Forester is still good! (I thought it was stuffed)

The device certainly takes the guesswork out of battery condition! Very happy.

Back