Cb radio help

daniel glavin

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Outback
Transmission
Auto
So I have been struggling to get my cb radio working for whatever reason and I just cant seem to diagnose the issue.

I have the antenna with a washer connected to a spring which has a lock nut then washer then isolation washer which is connected to my mount. The coaxial cable is brand new, and the cb is getting power and has a solid ground.

When I checked the SWR I got a good reading of 1.5 on channel 1 and 1.4 on channel 40. Seems legit right? I feel like it should be working. But when I power on the radio I can neither send transmissions or recieve any. There isnt so much as feedback or any fuzzing sounds at all to indicate it is even trying to recieve anything.

So far I have tried replacing the coaxial cable, changing ground locations, and replacing the antenna mounting equipment. Nothing Seems to be working but I am still able to get great SWR readings. Is it the mic? The radio itself? Anyways, all help would be appreciated.

Yes tried that combo. Also, I have a PA function so I plugged some ear buds in to see if I could hear myself on the walkie. I tried two mics and cant hear anything. I'm starting to think its the radio. Would the swr meter give me good readings if the radio was malfunctioned?

I looked back at your original post. What is the isolation washer for? Maybe a picture of the aerial set up would help

I looked back at your original post. What is the isolation washer for? Maybe a picture of the aerial set up would help

G'day, ditto what Rally posted and also after you pick up yer camera unscrew the antenna coax from the back of the radio then grab yer multimeter, set it to ohms and check for continuity between the coax braid to a nearby body earth and also whilst you have the plug in hand check if there is continuity between the centre conductor and the coax braid - let us know the results.....

onebob

Back