• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

HP 10 Plus G2 tablet

The PU "leather" case showed up yesterday. I still cannot quite believe that I ordered a colour that can only be described as 'girly gold'!

Chose this colour because it blends in with the colour of the upholstery and sheep seat covers in Roo2. Basically, if I leave it on the passenger seat, it is all but invisible. I will learn to live with it, I guess. Also made in the same factory as the Aldi case ... At $23.45 including p&h, it's about half the price of buying the same thing in Oz, without the 'standard' $10 p&h cost that seems to be attached to everything one buys in Oz. How come it costs $10 to post something by Aussie Post in Australia, yet only costs $1.61 to post the same item via Aussie Post from China? :huh: :shake:

How come it costs $10 to post something by Aussie Post in Australia, yet only costs $1.61 to post the same item via Aussie Post from China? :huh: :shake:
The Chinese govt provides significant "subsidies" to small CN exporters. That's why you get free post on nearly all low-priced ebay items CN->AU.

One of my occasional suppliers in Thailand has an agent in CN to whom he freights a large crate of v.small packets and padded envelopes, which are (f)re(e)-mailed out of there to the rest of the planet. Saves him a motza, and from his pov it gives a level playing field.

Gidday Zippo & Au

Interesting stuff, that. I wasn't aware of it. Thanks for informing me ... :).

What I was talking about is the practice of many (most?) Oz companies of charging $10 or more to ship stuff when it would cost you or me maybe $5 to ship the same article by the same method, i.e., via Aussie Post small parcel service ...

I haven't the slightest problem with cost recovery, but these places are set up as mail order houses ...

Yeah sometimes the retailer increases cost for shipping to pay for packaging, insurance, sign on delivery, tracking, etc.
I know a good business when I find it because they have good pricing and offer free express shipping.

HP support tell me that the O/S is not their problem ...

I told them about the Sale of Goods Act; goods being of merchantable quality, and reasonably fit for the purpose for which they are sold, and that a purchaser who buys a device with a microSD slot is entitled to a belief that they will be able to use a microSD card in that slot, and have access to it from the device itself (the Doctrine of Legitimate Expectation ... ); and further that HP would be liable in Tort for the reasonably foreseeable damages that selling such a device that could not properly access the inserted microSD card caused for the purchaser of such a device ... not merely for return and refund for the purchase price of the device - so BLOODY WELL FIX IT ... :madred: :yell: :furious: :catfight:.

HP have escalated my ticket to the next support level ... Response within 2 working days.

Watch this space ...

HP responded today. Level one support - AGAIN!

My problems were not being helped by a dead microSD card ... My first ever bad card from Sandisk ... :(.

Most problems still remain, but Officeworks replaced the card without any worries. It could be read from, but not written to by anything. After backing up what was on it, I tried to erase it in the tablet. Showed it doing the erase and the card as empty, but power off the tablet, power back on - all the files were still there!

All very frustrating.

Back